Thought She Writes Romance Writers might want to know about this ontest!
Posted by

Hi all,

I'm the Imprint Editor for the Breathless Books (Romance) Imprint at Assent Publishing, and I'm thrilled to let She Writes members know about this contest! Please pass it on!

Good Luck!

Deb Riley-Magnus

The 2013 Assent Publishing “GREAT ROMANCE” Contest

CONTEST RULES

•           “GREAT ROMANCE” Contest submissions accepted from January 15, 2013 through midnight (U.S. Eastern Time), April 30, 2013

•           All subgenres of romance accepted (EXCEPT erotica)

•           Manuscript must be complete

•           Word counts accepted – 65,000 to 100,000 word – OR a novella series of at least 2 novellas, 40,000 words each

•           You must note “2013 GREAT ROMANCE Contest” and book title in subject line of submission email to be eligible

•           One “GREAT ROMANCE” contest submission per author

•           Follow ALL Breathless Books Imprint Submission Guidelines

•           All submissions will be judged by Assent Publishing Imprint Editors and Acquisitions Editors

“GREAT ROMANCE” Grand Prize Winner will receive:

•           Assent Publishing Contract including all benefits offered through Assent Publishing – professional editing, professional cover design, print and ebook formatting, distribution, intense marketing training through the Assent Academy, and the unparalleled Assent Publishing commitment to author success

•           A GREAT ROMANCE GRAND PRIZE WINNER Promotional Announcement Blitz promoting the winner and their book ($2,000 value)

•           50 FREE print copies of their book

•           10 Months (twenty, 2 hour sessions) of One-on-One Author Marketing Coaching with Author Success Coach, Deborah Riley-Magnus ($1,000 value) 

•           An Opportunity to Speak as the Romance Expert in their own Assent Publishing GREAT ROMANCE GRAND PRIZE WINNER blog for one full year

•           A One Year General Membership to the Romance Writers of America ($95 value)

•           A Kindel Fire

“GREAT ROMANCE” Top 5 Finalist Submissions will receive:

•           Assent Publishing Contract including all benefits offered through Assent Publishing – professional editing, professional cover design, print and ebook formatting, distribution, intense marketing training through the Assent Academy, and the unparalleled Assent Publishing commitment to author success

•           GREAT ROMANCE WINNER Promotional announcements for the author and their book ($200 value)

Contest submission can be Contemporary Romance, Young Adult Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance, Futuristic Romance or Humorous Romance. (Erotic Romance submissions are not accepted and will be disqualified.)

Assent Publishing’s Breathless Books Imprint is currently accepting Romance submissions in addition to contest entries. Send your submissions and “GREAT ROMANCE” contest entries to [email protected] .

Accent Publishing link - http://www.assentpublishing.com/

Breathless Books Imprint Submissions Link - http://www.assentpublishing.com/BreathlessSubmissions.aspx

Replies
  • I have just self published my first interracial book on Amazon, does this negate me from submitting it for the contest?