B&N refusing to stock any books published by Amazon
Posted by

The New York Times is reporting the above. What do you think, ladies? Will the prospect of no sales through B&N dissuade you from using CreateSpace to publish?

I've been watching this battle for a while, wondering how B&N was going to respond to the newer industry big'un. Fold or go  head to head? Who is the Romney character in the passion play, and who the Gingrich?

B&N has over 700 stores across the nation. Their absence will surely put a ding in Amazon's bottom line - something to consider, as Amazon just posted something like 50% downturn in sales. (I'm remembering off the top of my head - I could be wrong about the number.)

You can bet your patootie that INDEPENDANT bookstores aren't going to step up to fill the retailer void left by B&N.

Thoughts?

PS.: NYT article here:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/barnes-noble-says-it-wont-sell-books-published-by-amazon/

Replies
  • I'm working on polishing up a children's book that will be published on Createspace as it's totally different from my regular work. I'm afraid it doesn't much matter if B&N will have it on their shelves or not - there's simply no other way for me to get it published.