All Discussions Tagged 'fiction' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Usage for Fiction Writers

Hi, all. I am a writer and do quite a bit of substantive editing to help support my writing habit. And I love editing fiction. I have learn…

Started by Nora Gaskin Esthimer

3 Apr 24
Reply by Glo Gray

What are your research tips for creating compelling historical fiction?

I'm creating a workshop on research strategies for compelling historical fiction. My debut novel is set in the Depression era, so I've been…

Started by Marian Szczepanski

0 Mar 15

Desperately seeking novellas (30k-50k words)

Hi SheWrites! Once again, we are accepting submissions for our novella series and of the fifteen submissions we've had, just *one* of them…

Started by Beth Browne

0 Jul 3, 2013

In Six Words: "What I Want to Improve"

What about your writing would you like to get better at? What do you perceive as your greatest weakness as a writer? World-building? Dialog…

Started by Krissa Lagos

19 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Ivory Tamargo

In Six Words: "How I Outline"

How do you approach writing? Are you methodical and organized, or haphazard and scattered? How do you map out what your book or story is go…

Started by Krissa Lagos

9 Mar 14, 2013
Reply by Emilie Peck

In Six Words: "My Greatest Strength"

It's often easier to pick ourselves apart than to build ourselves up--but when you're a writer, you need a little positive reinforcement no…

Started by Krissa Lagos

29 Mar 10, 2013
Reply by Stephane Drew Irwin

ONE BILLION RISING

ONE IN THREE WOMEN ON THE PLANET WILL BE RAPED OR BEATEN IN HER LIFETIME ONE BILLION WOMEN VIOLATED IS AN ATROCITY ONE BILLION WOMEN DANCIN…

Started by Krissa Lagos

40 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Kristy Crabtree

In Six Words: "What I'm Looking Forward To"

What are you most excited about in your writing life now? Do you have an upcoming writers' conference you're attending? An event you're spe…

Started by Krissa Lagos

26 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Vicki Malits Addesso

In Six Words: "My Earliest Memory of Writing"

Do you remember the first thing you ever wrote? Do you remember what it felt like to create with words for the first time--to hold pen (or…

Started by Krissa Lagos

44 Feb 1, 2013
Reply by Wendy Martin Pool

In Six Words: "My New Year's Writing Resolution"

We all have the little things we tell ourselves we'll try to do when January 1st comes around: Eat better. Call our loved ones more often.…

Started by Krissa Lagos

58 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Donna Ashby Moore

RSS

Latest Activity

Jessica Vealitzek left a comment for Christine Keleny
":) I meant at an expense to you personally. I don't know who your publisher is or if you're doing it yourself... My email is jessvealitzek@yahoo.com. Thanks for your kind wishes."
1 hour ago
Mariana Dietl liked Brooke Warner's blog post The 10 Biggest Mistakes New Authors Make
2 hours ago
Jessica Vealitzek left a comment for Christine Keleny
"Do you have print copies that won't cost you any money to send? If so, that's what I prefer. But if not, is it available for my Nook? Otherwise....what else? I don't have a Kindle."
3 hours ago
Dora Gonzalez replied to the discussion 'Twitter Roll Call! Please share your twitter handle with us!' in the group Small Publishers and Independent Authors
"@van_maniac This was before I used Twitter as part of my author platform. I tweet book reviews, updates on my books and series, and pretty much anything that interests me."
4 hours ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service