All Discussions Tagged 'fiction' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In Six Words: What I Wish I'd Known When I Started

Hindsight, as the saying goes, is 20-20--a frustrating truth that all writers encounter at some point in their creative endeavors. What stu…

Started by Krissa Lagos

9 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Steven LaBree

In Six Words: "How I Came Up With the Idea for My Book"

How did the subject for your book occur to you? Did the idea hit you in a blinding flash of inspiration? Did the seed get planted years ago…

Started by Krissa Lagos

22 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by Peg Herring

The Best Historical Fiction You've Ever Read

I'm a resident of Brooklyn and a proud new member of SheWrites.  When I'm not clacking away at my laptop, I'm also an avid reader.  In fact…

Started by Sophie Schiller

7 Aug 22, 2012
Reply by Sophie Schiller

We have created so much in this country. Not just calypso and chutney and soca; not just steelpan and steel orchestras and great athletes, all of which we continue to share with the world; but we hav

http://kris-rampersad.blogspot.com/ Launch of LiTTscapes by Dr Kris Rampersad ADDRESS BY SENATOR DR. BHOENDRADATT TEWARIE Minister of Plann…

Started by Kris Rampersad

0 Aug 18, 2012

Call for Submissions - Genre fiction short stories

I've just launched a new short story zine. Introducing wordhaus, a new kind of literary publication designed for the digital age. Now, all…

Started by Emily Wenstrom

1 Jul 9, 2012
Reply by Rosalind Smith-Nazilli

Call for Submissions - Genre fiction short stories

Hey SheWriters -- I've just launched a new lit zine for short story genre fiction called wordhaus ... now all I need is stories to fill it…

Started by Emily Wenstrom

0 Jun 26, 2012

Agents and Querying

I've just begun querying agents for my first YA novel. After sending out about eight queries, I've gotten two requests for a full manuscrip…

Started by Kim Green

2 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Kim Green

Anthologies

Anyone out there created an anthology?  Contributed to an anthology?  Have words of experience of what worked or didn't?

Started by Lisa Combs

5 Mar 3, 2012
Reply by Regina Y. Swint

Who is this man? Wrting Challenge with rewards

This is a writing challenge from 'girl from north country' which I found on Saturday. Join up and you could get a reward - see her cool blo…

Started by Shah Wharton

0 Feb 21, 2011

RSS

Latest Activity

Michelle commented on the blog post '[TIPS OF THE TRADE] How Many Readers is Enough?'
"One reader is enough for me."
38 minutes ago
Preeva Tramiel replied to the discussion 'SHARE YOUR BLOG POSTS' in the group Funny Women
"Passover (aka Pesach) on South Beach I plan on losing a couple of pounds this Pesach by giving up carbs during the holiday. Now I know it sounds impossible.   Between the matzo and the macaroons, the Jell-rings and the fruit slices and the…"
3 hours ago
RH Ramsey replied to the discussion 'Usage for Fiction Writers'
"With punctuation, especially commas, it seems to be subjective. I've seen copy editors who say one thing, and then proofreaders negate the same thing. It is really complicated, because we want to please our readers, and make sure that those who…"
4 hours ago
Ellen Cassedy commented on the blog post '[TIPS OF THE TRADE] How Many Readers is Enough?'
""When someone tells me they loved the writing" -- Laura, I agree that that is among the sweetest and most sustaining aspects of being a writer. "
4 hours ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service