ONE IN THREE WOMEN ON THE PLANET WILL BE RAPED OR BEATEN IN HER LIFETIME

ONE BILLION WOMEN VIOLATED IS AN ATROCITY

ONE BILLION WOMEN DANCING IS A REVOLUTION

This week, join V-Day in demanding an end to violence against women everywhere. Write a blog post or poem, take a photo, or make a video--anything that you feel represents your voice--post it on She Writes, and then share a link to it here in the comments section by 9am PST/12pm EST this Thurs 2/14. We'll select three of our favorite contributions to feature in this Thursday's newsletter...and you'll be joining a revolution. We look forward to hearing (and seeing) what you have to say!

Tags: fiction, movement, nonfiction, poetry, revolution, video

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So happy you all are doing this! I wrote about it this week: http://www.shewrites.com/profiles/blogs/we-will-always-go-dancing

Awesome--thanks, Jessica!

Hi Jess! :)

What an eye-opening message from a little girl. Thanks for writing this.

This is a post I wrote in August of 2012. I think it's relevant to this project.

Definitely relevant, Calandra. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Krissa! I gave folks a heads up the other day on my daily photo blog:

http://pasadenadailyphoto.blogspot.com/2013/02/one-billion-rising.html

Wonderful, Petrea, thanks. Be sure to let us know if you do end up going dancing!

Thanks, I mean to go--hope to get pictures!

This is a wonderful idea.  Thanks so much for doing it!  I'm enjoying reading the posts and seeing the content people are producing and my own contribution was cathartic (but hard - whew!) http://citymusecountrymuse2012.blogspot.com/

What a lovely piece you wrote, Juliet--I can understand why it was difficult to write. Thank you for sharing it!

Thank you for reading it, Krista.  This is such an important issue!  I am actually an advisor to our feminist group at Columbia College in Chicago, Il.  They are a fantastic group of young women and men who are in their fourth year of campus consciousness raising around these issues.

RSS

Latest Activity

Stephanie Bird added a discussion to the group Small Publishers and Independent Authors
Thumbnail

Why did you decide to work with a small or independent press?

In this conversation it would be interesting if you also answered any one of the following questions:Did you have an agent or did you represent your own work to these publishers?What is the most rewarding part of this type of publishing?Which press…See More
45 minutes ago
Chrys Fey replied to the discussion 'What did you blog about today?' in the group Bloggers: Let's Make It Work!
"N is for Naked Writing. ;)"
1 hour ago
A blog post by Julie Luek was featured

[Making the Leap] Singing Like Amy

When I was younger, like in high school younger, I used to sing a lot. I wasn't all that bad, back in th’ day. Of course, when…See More
1 hour ago
Maggy G. posted a status
""
1 hour ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service