ONE IN THREE WOMEN ON THE PLANET WILL BE RAPED OR BEATEN IN HER LIFETIME

ONE BILLION WOMEN VIOLATED IS AN ATROCITY

ONE BILLION WOMEN DANCING IS A REVOLUTION

This week, join V-Day in demanding an end to violence against women everywhere. Write a blog post or poem, take a photo, or make a video--anything that you feel represents your voice--post it on She Writes, and then share a link to it here in the comments section by 9am PST/12pm EST this Thurs 2/14. We'll select three of our favorite contributions to feature in this Thursday's newsletter...and you'll be joining a revolution. We look forward to hearing (and seeing) what you have to say!

Tags: fiction, movement, nonfiction, poetry, revolution, video

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Late to seeing this-- I hope it was a success. It's a wonderful idea.

This is what we did in Antigua http://jhohadli.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/one-billion-rising/

and this poetry reading http://wadadlipen.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/that-woman-dont-cry/  is part of the same event.

We celebrate the superwoman who does it all - climbing the corporate ladder while being the perfect wife and mother. But what about someone who has to choose between the two? Someone who sacrifices one, because she values the other too dearly? Is her sacrifice not as worthy of celebration as the acheivements of the superwoman? Here's an attempt to find the answer: Orange Nights

It's a tribute to all the "ordinary", "typical" women of this world who sacrifice themselves for their family, for their children. 

Happy Women's Week. 

Let's keep the conversation going past February 14th: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristy-crabtree/from-the-voices-survi...

RSS

Latest Activity

Courtney Birst replied to the discussion 'Balancing Blogging and the Rest of Your Life' in the group Bloggers: Let's Make It Work!
"Just be sure to plan some low key or relaxing activities during your month - a long walk, a pedicure, etc. Don't let your break be all work and no play. Or no relaxing, whatever. ;)"
6 minutes ago
Jill Starishevsky left a comment for Debi Martin, B.J., M.A.
"Welcome to SheWrites. Feel free to reach out if you need anything. Jill Starishevsky Prosecutor, Child Abuse/Sex Crimes Author, My Body Belongs to Me - A Child Sexual Abuse Prevention book April is Child Abuse Prevention Month -See my blog post"
11 minutes ago
Jill Starishevsky left a comment for Edwin Kramer
"Welcome to SheWrites. Feel free to reach out if you need anything. Jill Starishevsky Prosecutor, Child Abuse/Sex Crimes Author, My Body Belongs to Me - A Child Sexual Abuse Prevention book April is Child Abuse Prevention Month -See my blog post"
11 minutes ago
Jill Starishevsky left a comment for Kate Gladstone
11 minutes ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service