An article of mine was accepted for publication last June.  I signed and returned their agreements.  Since then I have followed up 3 times with the editor to see when they plan to publish it.  I haven't received a response.  I would like to know how you would handle this. 

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What kind of publication is it? Did the contract give a publication date or just say "at some future date"?  Literary publications, for example, routinely take more than a year between acceptance and publication. By "followed up," do you mean that you emailed the editor and received no reply? The first thing I'd do in that case is to make sure the magazine is still in production. If it is, you may be down to two choices: keep waiting or politely notify the magazine that you are withdrawing the piece because you haven't heard from them and are not sure that they still plan to publish it. Humble and insecure type that I am, I'd keep waiting.

Yet another idea is to contact another author whose work has appeared in the publication. Choose someone whose work you liked, send your compliments and explain your situation.

Hi Sherry,

It's a national consumer magazine -- and definitely in production.  The contract did not give any dates.  Yes, I emailed the editor 3 times and received no reply.  Wish they would let me know what they are doing, but I think I'll keep waiting. 

I appreciate your feedback.  Thank you!

Melodee

If you do hear from them in the near future, Melodee, please post again. I have a hunch your situation isn't all that uncommon. Maybe someone really savvy will chip in here.

Thank you Sherry!

RSS

Latest Activity

Tory McCagg commented on the blog post '[SWP: Behind the Book] Cross-country Whistle Stop Book Tour with Flash Readings Part Three!'
"Dylan, I just read Ann Patchett's book This is the Story of a Happy Marriage. She reads her book aloud to a friend when she is "done" with it. Wow. Now I know the depth and lack of patience I have allowed my writing! Again, lessons…"
26 minutes ago
Tory McCagg commented on the blog post '[SWP: Behind the Book] Cross-country Whistle Stop Book Tour with Flash Readings Part Three!'
"Typos. I don't know what to think. I looked through the first draft of the manuscript I sent in to She Writes and the February 29, 1948 was correct. Somewhere along the line of edits, it got changed. No clue and am not going to spend the time…"
28 minutes ago
Sandra Rodriguez Barron liked Karoline Barrett's discussion Book News!
45 minutes ago
Sandra Rodriguez Barron commented on the group 'Connecticut Writers'
"Hi everyone. This group is not dynamic/interactive so Sonya Huber created a secret page of CT Women WRiters on Facebook. If you wish to be included, please either send me your email to barronesa@hotmail.com or contact me via facebook at Sandy…"
46 minutes ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service