Hi,

I'm terrified of starting the entire submission process all over again (I've started and stopped on numerous occasions--the heartache), but I'm really getting down to business and all I've had to go on is Writer's Market and magazines that have come and gone. Do you have any suggestions of good markets for breaking out? Examples of my work can be found at Penny Jar.

Thanks,
Victoria

Views: 152

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Victoria:

In every issue of Poets and Writers, there's a section in the back that's a "call for articles" or "call for manuscripts' or something like that. It lists a bunch of ads from journals looking for submissions, and many of them say they welcome submissions from new writers.

Good luck!

All the best,

Tracy
Ha ha, Thanks, Tracy. Would you believe I used to subscribe to that magazine and forgot all about it. Shows how long I've been out of the loop!

-V

Tracy Slater said:
Hi Victoria:

In every issue of Poets and Writers, there's a section in the back that's a "call for articles" or "call for manuscripts' or something like that. It lists a bunch of ads from journals looking for submissions, and many of them say they welcome submissions from new writers.

Good luck!

All the best,

Tracy
Hi Victoria:

They actually offer the call for articles for free online. See http://www.pw.org/classifieds

Keep us posted!
Even better! :)

Tracy Slater said:
Hi Victoria:

They actually offer the call for articles for free online. See http://www.pw.org/classifieds

Keep us posted!
Mothering magazine publishes personal essays in every issue. They do have to have parenting as their focus : )
Plenty of parenting to focus on. Good idea, thanks!

Candace Walsh said:
Mothering magazine publishes personal essays in every issue. They do have to have parenting as their focus : )
This has been useful information. Thank you for the reminder of p&w
One of my favorite pages with hundreds links and overviews of lit. journals is Newpages.
http://www.newpages.com
It's amazing!
Great stuff. Thanks, Jill.

Jill Noel Kandel said:
One of my favorite pages with hundreds links and overviews of lit. journals is Newpages.
http://www.newpages.com
It's amazing!
Glad I found this discussion.. Have been planning on starting submissions and have had no clue where to begin.. Thnxs everyone for the helpful links.. Hopefully, some of these places will accept subs from non U.S writers :-)
Prerna: Welcome! I'm an American writer living in Japan (married to a Japanse man). Where are you based?

I just started a group a few weeks ago called Global Writers on this list, so feel free to join us if you like. Otherwise, looking forward to being connected on this list.

Prerna Malik said:
Glad I found this discussion.. Have been planning on starting submissions and have had no clue where to begin.. Thnxs everyone for the helpful links.. Hopefully, some of these places will accept subs from non U.S writers :-)
Thank you! I've been getting more focused on writing (having a chronic illness can make it hard to focus but I seem to have found the right meds now. Yay!) but I've been out of things for so long, I had no idea where to send stuff. This is soooo much help.

RSS

OUR LEADERS

Latest Activity

Ginny Wiehardt posted a status
"I'm honored to be featured in Speaking of Marvels this week: https://chapbookinterviews.wordpress.com/2016/12/02/ginny-wiehardt/"
12 minutes ago
L.B.Saucier-Berna Bolyn liked Jan Breen's profile
26 minutes ago
L.B.Saucier-Berna Bolyn liked Kristin Bustamante's blog post 5 Differences Between Traditional and Self-Publishing
42 minutes ago
Sonja Benskin Mesher posted a blog post

. no apology here .

i have no manners, i will not    apologisefor being. nor say sorry for what you did.and said.i will not make excuses and reasons    foryour action nor what i did in repair.  i amno gentleman, certainly     neither are you.there is no sincere apology…See More
6 hours ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2016   Created by Kamy Wicoff.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service