I have written a children's faith-based series and am seriously considering self-publishing because of the many benefits and profit potential. Most of the publishers I have submitted to like my work but they said it will take two years at to publish. My husband is military and we will be stationed in Italy for 4 years so I am not sure if I can wait. With that aside, I would love to have some of you read my first book and give me feedback before I submit it to an editor. Let me know if you're willing to help. I am so excited because illustrations are almost done and I have promoted and have tons of readings and signings scheduled in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and New Orleans!

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

Direct me to your books, please. I am finished with the editing now. The book is going through the publication process.

Hi Mimi, here are all my links, blogs, website and books. I'd love a review of whatever book you read. I'll put it on my sites. I feel excited for you. I know the joy of watching the process of having a project be born. Congratulations. Thanks, Jan

Jan Marquart, LCSW, Author                                                  

www.awareliving.net   website and bio

www.freethepen.wordpress.com

www.open.salon.com/blog/janet_ruth

www.filedby.com

www.goodreads.com

www.shewrites.com

www.Examiner.com

How to purchase Jan’s books:

Kate’s Way    www.createspace.com/3498926

Voices from the Land

www.createspace.com/3552509

The Basket Weaver 

www.createspace.com/3553668

The Mindful Writer, Still the Mind, Free the Pen 

www.createspace.com/3546101

Echoes from the Womb, a Book for Daughters 

www.createspace.com/3546083

The Breath of Dawn, a Journey of Everyday Blessings     

www.createspace.com/3546000

Write to Heal  www.awareliving.net

How to Write from Your Heart www.awareliving.net

How  to Write Your Own Memoir www.awareliving.net

RSS

Latest Activity

Debra Borchert commented on the blog post '[The Art of Submission] It's Not You It's Me'
"I'm not sure if we can link out on this board so I won't paste the url, but I read an article in the Washington Post by an author, Monica Byrne, who wrote about rejections (8/8/14). She estimates her rejection rate at 97%. She put all…"
3 minutes ago
Deborah J. Brasket replied to the discussion 'What did you blog about today?' in the group Bloggers: Let's Make It Work!
"What's it like to grow up in a haunted house? Find out. Happy Halloween! http://deborahbrasket.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/growing-up-in-a-haunted-house-2/"
6 minutes ago
Emily Lackey commented on the blog post '[The Art of Submission] It's Not You It's Me'
"I knew someone was going to call me out on that, Lloyd. I realize failure is not always closely followed by success, nor is it always followed by success, but it's still nice to hear these stories. I think it's important to know that…"
8 minutes ago
Debra Borchert commented on the blog post '[The Art of Submission] It's Not You It's Me'
"OK, I should have also mentioned that my memoir was rejected 84 times before I gave up. Silly me, I'm now pitching a novel, 12 rejections so far, but 2 requests for the manuscript. I wonder why I do this when I feel low and then I remember that…"
11 minutes ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service