I'm looking to self publish my first book via Amazon and I'm curious as to how those of you who self ebook publish create a book cover, if you do. My mom's an artist and I've asked her to draw me something, but is there anything I should know/tips I should remember when trying to put thee book together like a printed book?

Thanks!

Jennifer

www.jennifermccoy.webs.com

Tags: adult, art, cover, fiction, illustrations, mythology, novel, young

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if links are ok here, but I just did a series on Book Cover Design Basics (let me know if it's NOT ok to post these!):

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Regarding formatting your ebook, I can't help as much there. I use Scrivener, so I can export in various ebook or print formats, and it does most of it for you.

Thank you so much Ravven. I look into your links!

My husband does 3D artwork, so he handles all of my cover art. :) You can see an example of it here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/172036

RSS

Latest Activity

Deborah Ailman posted blog posts
29 minutes ago
Bob Mertin liked Bob Mertin's blog post Why Right Construction Health And Safety Training Is Important
1 hour ago
Bob Mertin posted a blog post

Why Right Construction Health And Safety Training Is Important

Health and safety must be a major thought regardless of what industry you work in, but there are a few sectors, which come with more dangers than others, for example construction industry. This industry can indeed be placed in the high-risk group…See More
1 hour ago
Kelly Hashway replied to the discussion 'What did you blog about today?' in the group Bloggers: Let's Make It Work!
2 hours ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service