I'm looking to self publish my first book via Amazon and I'm curious as to how those of you who self ebook publish create a book cover, if you do. My mom's an artist and I've asked her to draw me something, but is there anything I should know/tips I should remember when trying to put thee book together like a printed book?

Thanks!

Jennifer

www.jennifermccoy.webs.com

Tags: adult, art, cover, fiction, illustrations, mythology, novel, young

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if links are ok here, but I just did a series on Book Cover Design Basics (let me know if it's NOT ok to post these!):

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Regarding formatting your ebook, I can't help as much there. I use Scrivener, so I can export in various ebook or print formats, and it does most of it for you.

Thank you so much Ravven. I look into your links!

My husband does 3D artwork, so he handles all of my cover art. :) You can see an example of it here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/172036

RSS

Latest Activity

Melissa Studdard left a comment for Lois P. Jones
"So happy to see you here! "
1 hour ago
Melissa Studdard commented on the blog post 'Before Order: A Poet’s Tale'
"Dear Lois--It's great to see you here. Thank you for the kind words. I cannot wait to see what magic transpires with your arrangement of poems. xox"
1 hour ago
"Thank you, Patricia! So happy to meet you here! "
1 hour ago
"Hi Topazshell--I'm so happy to hear you are feeling inspired to write poetry again--and thank you about the title and cover! I chose that painting after someone noticed that woman looked like me and introduced me to the artist, Eric…"
2 hours ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service