I'm looking to self publish my first book via Amazon and I'm curious as to how those of you who self ebook publish create a book cover, if you do. My mom's an artist and I've asked her to draw me something, but is there anything I should know/tips I should remember when trying to put thee book together like a printed book?

Thanks!

Jennifer

www.jennifermccoy.webs.com

Tags: adult, art, cover, fiction, illustrations, mythology, novel, young

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if links are ok here, but I just did a series on Book Cover Design Basics (let me know if it's NOT ok to post these!):

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Regarding formatting your ebook, I can't help as much there. I use Scrivener, so I can export in various ebook or print formats, and it does most of it for you.

Thank you so much Ravven. I look into your links!

My husband does 3D artwork, so he handles all of my cover art. :) You can see an example of it here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/172036

RSS

Latest Activity

Lee Lomas commented on the blog post '"Myself" Is Not a Substitute for "I"'
"Me, myself and I just watched your video, love your humor and congrats."
6 minutes ago
Jessie Commons posted a blog post

Start Potty Training by Carol Cline Review

Start Potty Training by Carol Cline ReviewIn case you have got sick and tired of changing messy diapers on your children, you could start potty training. ‘Start Potty Training’ is actually 3-day system for parents that may guide them to teach their…See More
1 hour ago
Sande Boritz Berger posted a status
"Hi Everyone! I'm excited to announce that my debut novel The Sweetness is officially available tomorrow, September 23rd. It has been a long "
1 hour ago
Julaina Kleist-Corwin replied to the discussion 'What did you blog about today?' in the group Bloggers: Let's Make It Work!
"I blogged" Author Quotes about Writing a Novel"and asked readers if the authors were plotters or pantsers. http://www.timetowritenow.com "
1 hour ago

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Kamy Wicoff.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service