with Fiona Robyn
Starts November 7, 2011
Wake up and experience life in full colour: give yourself Writing Ourselves Alive.
Spiritual teachers talk a lot about ‘waking up’. But what does it really mean?
I know when I’m not ‘awake’. I drift through my days without stopping to think about what I’m doing or why I’m doing it. I flit from one task to another like a restless butterfly. I rush my meals without really tasting them. I interact hurriedly with loved ones and with colleagues, without noticing how they are or what they might need from me.
I lose touch with the quiet voice from inside me or outside me – the one that tells me what I need to do.
If you recognise those feelings of disconnection, I’d like to offer you an alternative way of being in the world. A way of pausing to notice the sadness behind your friend’s smile, and the little twitches your cat makes when she’s deeply asleep.
A way of listening to that quiet voice again.
How does it work?
During this course, you will approach ‘waking up’ through four different windows – curiosity, honesty, compassion and passion. You’ll use a different writing tool each week including writing love letters, stationary writing, Morning Pages and small stones (short pieces of observational writing).
You’ll begin to reflect on your habitual ways of being, with the support of your course leader and your fellow participants. You’ll notice things you didn’t notice before. Your eyes will open…
What do I get?
As a part of this course you’ll receive:
* Twenty eight daily emails to accompany you during the month, including a poem, a quote, a tip and some encouraging words.
* Four weekly themed essays exploring the arts of curiosity, honest, compassion and passion, designed to spark off thought and insights.
* Four sets of practical writing exercises including your daily writing practice for the week (including full instructions) and optional additional exercises.
* Access to a members-only group here at ‘She Writes’ where you can engage in discussions with fellow course participants and receive feedback and encouragement from Fiona.
* Two 1:1 tutoring email reports or one call/Skype with Fiona on your experiences of writing yourself alive and anything that emerges during the course (optional).
How much does it cost?
The course fee is $75. The optional 1:1 tutorials (written or on Skype) are an extra $50.
Do get in touch if you have any questions – email Fiona. I look forward to welcoming you onto the course.