LIVE CHATS on SHE WRITES
We're thrilled to have started "CHATTERBOX," an ongoing series of live
chats hosted by She Writers for She Writers, where we can all connect,
kibbitz, and learn with each other.
|Young Adult Writers:||Mondays||8pm EST|
|Memoir Writers:||Tuesdays||1pm EST|
|Novelists Water Cooler:||1st Wednesday each month||1PM EST|
|Virtual Writers Critique:||Thursdays||12PM EST|
|Marketing & Promotion:||Tuesdays||3PM EST|
The Submission Mission:
***Submission Mission chats currently on hiatus until October 7!***
|First Sunday of the month||
|Multicultural Writers:||Thursdays||9am ET/2pm GMT/4pm IST|
1PM EST (every other week!)
Sign in to SheWrites.com, then click on the "Live Chat" tab in the middle
of the page or click here to chat
When you're moving about SheWrites.com, you can always click back into
the chat from the slim, horizontal bar that says "She Writes Chat"
at the bottom of your browser window.
Having trouble? Email Julia.
Here are some
chat etiquette points, suggested by SheWriters, that will make
chats productive and fun.
1. When you join the chat, “listen” for a few moments before
jumping in to get acquainted with the topic on the floor.
2. Each She Writes live chat has a host. Please respect that
are responsible for guiding the discussion and helping keep
everyone on topic.
3. Stick with the chat topic for the first 48 minutes of the
This makes it easier for others on the chat to follow the topic
4. If you are talking to someone specific, indicate @ and their
name. Hint: if there are 2 Jennifers on the chat, indicate
and last name.
5. If you have a question, direct it to the HOST so you can get
answer. If you have a question re: someone's comment, put @ and
their name and direct your question to them.
6. Be courteous, kind, and supportive of others on the chat.
be patient if you are awaiting an answer, rather than asking
again/flooding the chatroom.
7. Avoid cross conversations that are off topic and distracting
others on the chat. If you find yourself getting onto a new
with another She Writes member, feel free to use the private
function so you won't disrupt the topic thread.
8. If you enjoyed chatting with someone, invite them to be your
friend on She Writes!
9. If you have future topic suggestions or requests, direct
to the HOST so they can be added to the list for future chats.
10. Ask a lot of questions and have fun!