"Write it down. Set it free" - Amy Hartl Sherman
Those are powerful and profound words to a writer. What a gift it is to be able to take words in your head and set them free by writing them down. What makes it even more special is having a community to share them with; a community of women who support and nourish the love you have in your heart for writing. That is what I have found in the She Writes community.
The month of June marks the two year anniversary of She Writes. Although I have only been a member for a couple of weeks, I knew the instant I came across it that I had to be part of this special and unique community. I can't imagine why any woman who writes wouldn't want to be part of it. The support, friendships and resources here are priceless.
To celebrate the second anniversary, I thought it would be fun to extend our thanks to She Writes for everything they have done for women writers over the last two years by sharing things we love about being part of this community.
Therefore, I have a challenge for you. I challenge you to write down Ten Things You Love about the She Writes community and "set it free" by sharing your list with the rest of us here. Since I've only been here a couple of weeks, my list will be very different from someone who has been here from the beginning, so it will be fun to see what everyone writes.
Here is my list:
1. I love being part of a community where people celebrate the dreams, goals and success of others.
2. I love that someone personally welcomed me into this community right after I signed up.
3. I love that there are specific groups to join where like minded people can come together.
4. I love that I can turn to others here to lift me up when I start to doubt myself as a writer.
5. I love seeing the creativity that exists within this community. There are some truly amazing writers here.
6. I love the energy this community exudes; positive, uplifting and empowering.
7. I love that people here selflessly share resources with everyone.
8. I love being part of a group of women who are inspired by writing.
9. I love that lifelong friendships can be made here.
10. I love how this community makes me want to reach higher and stand stronger.
I would personally like to wish She Writes a Happy Anniversary! Thank you for all you do for women writers everywhere.
Now it's your turn. Tell me Ten Things You Love about being part of this wonderful community.
Creator of the Ten Things I Love challenge