I've come to rely on the role my blog plays in my life--blog as co-conspirator, accomplice, and witness.
I've learned that that is one of ways my blog's voice has become so clear in it's intent, and mission to reflect on this chaotic choice life I'm running behind half the time.
Biggest ah-ha's this year:
1. the more I write, the more I write.
2. shorter posts illicit more responses.
3. my free verse style is fresh for people, and it is OK to mix that up
with prose too.
4. including my family's unusual "back story" as a side panel, helps orient the new reader.
5. adding google analytics taught me where my readership is coming from, and how important
it is to get my blog indexed on more other blogs.
6. my highest traffic is from facebook, when I write catchy teaser updates like; "Crying about
princesses isn't just for girls. http://mamacandtheboys.blogspot.com
7. my blog is a manuscript already, and it has accomplished more then I had hoped for.