• Discussion
    • Teresa K. Thorne

CHICAGO ANGELS

Started by Teresa K. Thorne
      My adventure in the Windy City began with hot pink toenails. (Stay with me.) Sister Laura, who has worked so hard with little credit—editing, designing the awesome cover, marketing, and supporting me every step—really wanted us to go to Chicago to...
      • Amanda Valerie Judd

I am featured in Prince William Living online! SO exciting!

Started by Amanda Valerie Judd Replies (2) Last reply by Amanda Valerie Judd
        http://princewilliamliving.com/2016/05/manassas-resident-releases-poetry-collection I sent them my press release YESTERDAY!  Needless to say, I am very impressed with their turnaround time!!!  And please with the article.  THANK YOU, Prince William...
        • Cami Hensley

15% Off All Summer on Book Tours and Blitzes! Plus Booking July and August NetGalley Co-Op Slots!

Started by Cami Hensley
          This is just a heads up that our Summer Promotion is still going on, but time may be running out depending on which service you are interested in. All Tours/PROMO's must start before August 31st to be eligible. *Note, there is a 3-week notice for...
          • Michelle Gwynn Jones

The website about my characters

Started by Michelle Gwynn Jones
            Hi Everyone The newest edition of the New Grace News is out. This fictional newspaper is for and about the characters who live in the fictional county of New Grace South Carolina. I invite you to check it out. If you have never been there before...
            • Chrys Fey

NEW Feature for the Group?

Started by Chrys Fey Replies (4) Last reply by Chrys Fey
              Hi Paranormal and Supernatural Writers! Elisabeth Zguta got me thinking of ways to revive this group and hopefully get some more participation. What do you think of doing a fun sharing feature every Friday? This feature, which currently doesn't...
              • Elisabeth Zguta

The curse of Brunswick Springs VT

Started by Elisabeth Zguta Replies (3) Last reply by Chrys Fey
                I'd be happy to share some of the folklore with the group, Chrys. (moved from the main discussion board) Researching is one of my favorite parts of writing. Going through the material excites my imagination. I think of where my characters came...
                • Melissa Powell Gay

Can character and character's name from another book/movie be used in a short story

Started by Melissa Powell Gay Replies (3) Last reply by Maryanne Johnson
                  I have written a short story about Bambi and his transition into adulthood.  The story is "memoir" as told by the middle-aged buck. He is reflecting on his coming-of-age and how Disney didn't get all the facts straight on the events of his young...
                  • Dani Antman

Hybrid publishers

Started by Dani Antman
                    Hi Everyone, I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had a good experience with a hybrid publisher......I am looking to publish my spiritual memoir. Thanks Dani
                    • Michele M. Feeney

Short Story Writer

Started by Michele M. Feeney Replies (1) Last reply by Barbara Stark-Nemon
                      I would like to join this group.
                      • Sonja Larsen

How can we make this group work for us?

Started by Sonja Larsen Replies (1) Last reply by Gail Marlene Schwartz
                        Hi all,  Inspired by the recent addition of a new member and getting started on a short story collection project I'm wondering how we can get this group to work best for us since it seems like it's been pretty inactive for a while. or maybe I am...
                        • Sonja Larsen

Who are your favourite short story writers?

Started by Sonja Larsen Replies (2) Last reply by Gail Marlene Schwartz
                          Great writers start out as avid readers. Who are your favourite short story writers?
                          • Katherine Flannery Dering

copyrighting a manuscript

Started by Katherine Flannery Dering Replies (3) Last reply by Kathie Bondar
                            I was at a writers' conference last week, and a speaker strongly advised writers to copyright their book manuscript before sending it out to agents and publishers. I wanted to share my experience with you all. Although the material belongs to the...
                          • God: Masculine or feminine

Started by Cheryl Giles Replies (5) Last reply by Kathie Bondar
                            In writing for preschoolers would you use a masculine or feminine pronoun for God when referring to  him/her as Creator?
                            • Carlos LoPopolo

Writer Club or Organization in Bastrop Tx.

Started by Carlos LoPopolo Replies (2) Last reply by Kamy Wicoff
                              Is anyone aware of a writer's club or group in Bastrop, Texas?
                              • Elayne Clift

Can we celebrate HRC's achievement as both a woman and a great candidate?

Started by Elayne Clift
                                Someone (a woman) on FB just took offense that I celebrated HRC's nomination because she is a woman, so let me be clear: I have never voted based on gender and I never will. I vote for whomever I think is the most qualified candidate. That is not...
                                • Marzena Czarnecka

Let's end the silence!

Started by Marzena Czarnecka Replies (1) Last reply by Marzena Czarnecka
                                  Hello! Trying this again. Author of "Is anybody here? The silence is deafening."  So. Gail & Shelley--hello! I'm Marzena... I'm torturing my third novel at the moment, and planning the launch of the 2nd with the intent to not fuck it up by...
                                • Women in Comedy Festival Comedy Writing Competition

Started by Jenny Roche
                                  iI'm organising a comedy writing competition in connection with the UK Women in Comedy Festival and you mght be interested in flexing your comedy writing muscles. There are two categories, the first for a 3 minutes comedy sketch or monologue, the...
                                  • Trayle Kulshan

How important is labeling your genre?

Started by Trayle Kulshan
                                    My writing could fit into many categories (or none depending ... ). I am always reluctant when someone asks "What kind of book are you writing?"  Is it a memoir? Poetic prose? Lyric essay? Prosems (as my friend calls them)? How important is it to...
                                    • Trayle Kulshan

How important is labeling your genre?

Started by Trayle Kulshan Replies (3) Last reply by Zoe Disigny
                                      My writing could fit into many categories (or none depending ... ). I am always reluctant when someone asks "What kind of book are you writing?"  Is it a memoir? Poetic prose? Lyric essay? Prosems (as my friend calls them)? How important is it to...
                                      • Zoe Disigny

Orange County Writers?

Started by Zoe Disigny
                                        I'm writing my first novel and I'd like to find kindred spirits in Orange County to form a writers group.   I'm looking for any writers of fiction or nonfiction whose books would appeal to an audience similar to this one:   Mature women Lovers of...