How can we make this group work for us?
Posted by

Hi all, 

Inspired by the recent addition of a new member and getting started on a short story collection project I'm wondering how we can get this group to work best for us since it seems like it's been pretty inactive for a while. or maybe I am just not receiving the updates?

About me:

Published memoirist (Red Star Tattoo by Random House Canada) starting on a set of connected short stories. I would describe my stories as somewhat gritty, about real people in real situations. I'm inspired by strangers on a bus, overheard conversations in cafes and headlines from the newspaper. I'm looking to get and give moral support and possibly feedback. If this sounds like your style of writing too, send me a friend request!

What are you looking for?

Replies
  • Thanks Sonja for starting the conversation! I'm looking for moral support exchange and also feedback. Maybe more importantly, I'd love to hear from you women who have had story collections/books published about the business side of things. I have been published in literary mags and anthologies but haven't pushed that first book out yet…I have a concept in mind but my ignorance and fear of the marketing is hindering my progress. Also not clear about how to find an agent, if one is even necessary (I'm American but I live in Canada where I assume it would be easier to get a book traditionally published). Finally, I am looking for new writers to read and fall in love with…so I am always more than happy to read others' work, critique or not!