More Than You Can Chew?
Posted by

I'm a writer, I'm a painter, I'm a writer, I'm a painter. Oh wait, I'm a business owner, too. Juggling your chosen career as an author and a fine artist takes more than all the energy you can give in a day. But what do you do if you've also created a business or two to support your creative interests plus satisfy your need to help animals and the environment? If you're me, you are first of all fortunate to have married an internet architect who has created five websites for my businesses. I've recently combined my fine art and author website into one, www.DJGeribo.com.  We also have a publishing website, www.BBDPublishing.com. And then my passion for animals can be found in our websites: www.EyeHelpAnimals.com and www.HelpShelterPets.com . I also paint animal portraits.

I blog for most of these websites and/or write bi-monthly or quarterly newsletters. And lets not forget laundry, food shopping, cooking, and other daily chores.

It's all about time management. I don't know who was voted off the island and I don't know who is a finalist in the voice or the bachelor. If I watch anything on TV it is often something that I can use in a blog. I try to combine research into entertainment as much as possible. I am often overwhelmed by the businesses and responsibilities I have taken on with each but I wouldn't give any of it up for the 9-5 day job I kept for many years. I'm doing what I love. And feeling everyday as if this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Whether or not the money will follow is another story, but I'm thrilled that I'm able to pursue my heart's desire. Many people are forever stuck on the hamster wheel and their dreams remain unrealized. Taking the leap can start with a small step towards your goals. Believing in yourself is mandatory. Deep breaths.

Replies