Declare Your Daily Word Count
Posted by

This is the place to declare your daily word count. Some days we crack 1000 written words and some days a big fat goose egg.  Whether you want to brag or lament your creative writing skills this is the place to OWN IT! 

I'll go first:  Today I managed two paragraphs totaling 190 words

Replies
  • I don't know when I've written in anything other than my handy-dandy Cameron 'workbook'. Home since Tuesday fighting off some kind of bug...NO EXCUSE...but I'm feeling a little better today and will work on homework which will help me map out rest of story.

Ladies, I know LIFE gets in the way but we can do this!!! Looking forward to writing this weekend...

CLK...you get a PASS!!!

• Wednesday 12-5-12 = 0

Thursday 12-6-12 = 0

I haven't written a new word since the 29th! I'm well overdue for a blog post too.

• Tuesday 12-4-12 = 0 words.  Yesterday was massive nesting day.  I finished up decorating baby's room.  Last thing to do is put clothes away.  I'm having all kinds of late pregnancy symptoms that lead me to believe labor could begin at any minute.  We shall see...

• 0 Saturday

0 Sunday

0 Monday

I am still unpacking all my crap.  But I've been thinking about the bear... Once I get my things out of boxes I will be back!

• Me too on everything...0 words Sat.; 0words Sunday...plan to write this evening. I've been organizing in my head all day for Moxie homework...

• Here I go encouraging more participation on this thread and then I skip two days in a row!  Sorry, it has been a distracting weekend.

Saturday 12-1-12 = 0 words

Sunday 12-2-12 = 0 words

I have some time in the next few hours to get some word count going.  Also, EXTREMELY excited about our Moxie homework for next session. 

• I think it is even more important to post when you have completed 0.  Seeing a string of 0's or low numbers is great motivation to push forward.

No one need be ashamed!  This process is about establishing a disciplined routine.  It is also about choosing our work as a MAIN PRIORITY in our lives, not merely something we keep on the back burner for when we "have time."  There is no such thing.  That concept is an illusion.  We have 24 hours in every day.  Either we choose to use some of it to write or we don't.  My hope is that we all have more writing days than non-writing days. :D