Any NorCal-ers?
Posted by

In the Sacramento area - would love the opportunity to meet up or communicate with other bloggers (novice or otherwise) in this area!

Thanks!

Replies
  • Hi Jane,

I'd love to have you check out my blog, www.unhealedwound.com, which is a blog reviewing movies, television series and mini-series, art exhibits, and travel.  Occasionally, I also write a short essay on lifestyle issues or give a synopsis or extract of one of my published short stories.  I originally thought of it as a launch pad for my forthcoming novel which debuts in October.  But, I have been writing faithfully in my blog every week for almost five years now and love it.  I will have a separate website for my fiction.  You might want to eventually separate your writing of fiction from essays on two different websites but you could start with a more general one on writing to see how you like it.  I would be happy to guest blog to help you get started.  I live in Carmel.

• I live in SF Bay Area - across the bay from the city.  I am just t hinking of blogging -- but wonder what will I say and even more importantly - who will read it?  Do you blog?  What kind of writing do you do?  I write fiction but my fiction writing hasn't been published.  In one way it's because I only got up the nerve to submit a story once.  I have two published essays - both in anthologies but what I want to be is a published fiction writer.  What about you.

• Hi Marie--I just saw your post on shewrites.com.  I am a fall 2015 author, a debut novel, about a multigenerational family fighting over money to survive. Think "August: Osage County" meets "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" with a touch of "Olive Kitteridge".  Would love to find out more about your blog/website.  Mine is:  www.unhealedwound.com and sign up for the newsletter.  I blog about art, movies, television, and travel.  My novel has the same title but the title will change soon as SheWrites Press prefers another title for my work.

Looking forward to keeping in touch!

• Hi, Marie,

I am new to SheWrites and I live in the Siskiyous (at the top of the state) and teach Composition and Creative Writing at College of the Siskiyous. Here's my blogspot: http://www.writingtheox.blogspot.com/

While I don't make it down to Sacramento very often, I recognize the need for more connection with writers in "the other California"

Jackie McNamara

• Hi Marie! I'm living abroad now but I'm from Sacramento and will be heading back there in just a few months. Would love to meet up and discuss blogging.

Wanna share the link to your blog so I can check it out?

You can see mine here: pithyfish.com

Thanks!

• Hi Marie: I live in Elk Grove.  I don't have a blog--yet. I haven't decided on a theme or brand.  Also, I am a full time instructor and tutor coordinator at Sacramento City College, so I struggle a lot to keep up with my fiction writing projects. What that means is that I don't want to take time out for blogging. Things are going to get better, though, in terms of my time.  In the fall I will work a reduced schedule as part of my retirement agreement with the Los Rios Community College District. You see, I am in the process of reinventing myself as a writer, something I've dreamed about becoming since I was a teenager. I am looking forward to having more time to stretch out with my writing, and perhaps a blog will be part of what I do. I've written a novel and I looking for the best way to publish it--as one of my City College colleagues say--I am still shopping it around. Enough about me.  I look forward to communicating with you and meeting up.