Introduce Yourself and Tell What You're Working on or have Self-Published.
Posted by

Hello Everyone, 

Welcome to Reject This!

I intend this forum to be a place to share information  on the who, what, where and whys of self-publishing.  From start to finish: titles, creation, publishing and marketing/promotion, so Introduce yourself and what you're working on or have self-published.  

Replies
  • Hello there everyone! I am Sarah and I am a high school English teacher and YA author from Pennsylvania. I just self-published my first novel The Blast through Lulu. I am a featured author on Wattpad.com, where The Blast is currently ranked in the top 20 Science Fiction books on the site and has 120,000+ reads.

For young adult novelists, I truly recommend this site as a means to build a fan base and platform. It's a great way to see feedback from real teens and to see what's working and what's not. 

Outside of my professional life, I enjoy cooking, painting, and watching Netflix with my husband and cat. :-) I'd love to connect with some of you, especially those of you who have experience/advice about marketing self-published books, or who offer assistance with the querying process.

You can connect with me on Facebook, on Twitter @saperlmutter, on Wattpad, or at my website www.SarahPerlmutter.com

Great to be here! Can't wait to hear from some of you! 

-Sarah

• Hi, I'm new to to SW. I've been a blogger for almost a year and a half now and recently self-published on Smashwords 3-4 weeks ago. Actually, the ebook I've just self-published, "Can You Catch My Flow?" was once accepted by Finishing Line Press. But by then I''d started on the path of indie-hood and after some waffling, I made my decision to become a DIY author. 

I've made a lot of plans for 2015 that I want to commit to, such as reviving my sword and sorcery and YA supernatural book blogs. Writing and compiling a second poetry chapbook and my first full length poetry collection. And have both manuscripts publication ready before the end of the 2015 and revise/edit my NF book project from NaNoFiWriMo. As well as learn about marketing and promotion, using social media to build my platform, and increasing traffic to my sites.

• LeTeisha Newton is the author of a plethora of novels ranging from hot Interracial Erotica, Paranormal biters, Fantasy, and Urban Fantasy genres. As a Goodreads, NightReading, Amazon, Kindle, Sony, and Diesel author LeTeisha has begun to reach out to fans. She began writing long before she ever thought about publishing. Thanks to an amazing teacher, that kept telling her to STOP reading in class, she decided to go further than she ever thought possible with her writing. Baile, her premier novel, is the only one written in the first person, and, at times, her go to novel for inspiration. As a mother herself LeTeisha truly felt the way Yfel did about doing anything for ones children, go to any lengths, and smile at the end. She enjoys hearing from her fans. Follow her on twitter @LeTeishaNewton

• Hello!  :)  I'm currently working on my novel.  I've competed one short story that I published on Feedbooks.  I know I'll be interested in knowing what to do with my novel once I'm finished and this seems like a good forum to find that out.  I took a step backwards last year when I scrapped what I had and started over.  Still had the basic concept, I just didn't like where it was going before.  I'm sure you all know what I mean.  Looking forward to checking in and sharing what I find along the way as well.

• I'm just getting my feet wet in the SW world. I've been a freelance writer for websites and blogs for the past few years, and this month I self-published my first book. I was originally hired just to ghostwrite the client's memoir, but in the end he surprised me by asking if I wanted my name on the book as a co-author. My answer was, "of course!".

I not only wrote it in full, I also did all of the formatting and submission tasks to have it distributed through the major e-book retailers and also to get it ready for the print version (we're using Lightning Source as our POD solution).

We did outsource the cover design, because it's so very critical and because I couldn't design my way out of a paper bag.

The hardest part now is marketing the book, which is a little surprising because my client already had a huge following for his website and his facebook, and lots of requests for him to publish the story. All I can say is that I'm learning that no matter how many sleepless nights are behind me in meeting the book deadlines, I think the worst is yet to come!

Also, iBooks and Google Play are not on my happy list right now. Anyone else self-pubbed lately and can tell me how long those two took to approve the file and put it in their marketplaces?

Jessica