B&N refusing to stock any books published by Amazon
Posted by

The New York Times is reporting the above. What do you think, ladies? Will this dissuade you from using CreateSpace to publish?

I've been watching this battle for a while, wondering how B&N was going to respond to the newer industry big'un. Fold or go  head to head? Who is the Romney character in the passion play, and who the Gingrich?

B&N has over 700 stores across the nation. Their absence will surely put a ding in Amazon's bottom line - something to consider, as Amazon just posted something like 50% downturn in sales. (I'm remembering off the top of my head - I could be wrong about the number.)

You can bet your patootie that INDEPENDANT bookstores aren't going to step up to fill the retailer void left by B&N.

Thoughts?

PS.: NYT article here:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/barnes-noble-says-it-wont-sell-books-published-by-amazon/

Replies
  • B&N is saying they won't stock Amazon's new imprints--these are traditionally published titles (acquired by editors like Ed Park and published in print and on Kindle.) For example, the publishing arm of Amazon just acquired actor James Franco's debut novel, and for B&N not to carry it is quite a statement. Agents & authors are going to think twice now before licensing works to AZ.