Project 365 Vets - Need help with a new project.
Posted by

Hello Ladies. I joined the group to ask for your assistance with a new project that I am working on. It is called Project 365 Vets.

We will be honoring a veteran a day, every day of the year.  Project 365 Vets will feature a different Veteran telling their story in their own words every day in 2012. The goal of the project is to raise awareness about issues many veterans face on a daily basis. Some of those issues include inadequate health care, physical disabilities, psychological disorders, unemployment, and homelessness.

We cannot think of a better way to illustrate the issues faced by our veterans than through their stories. These are stories that are often difficult to tell, and even more difficult to hear, but they are stories that need to be told. At Project 365 Vets, we believe that through these stories we can honor our veterans, promote awareness, and be a catalyst for change. These men and women are heroes, we are simply the curators of an amazing collection of stories they have been generous enough to share.

We hope to feature a diverse collection of stories from veterans young and old. We want to feature veterans from all wars, and plan to do a few memorial posts honoring those who fought in earlier wars who have sense passed on, as well as posts honoring those who were killed in action or MIA. 

Project 365 Vets is currently seeking veterans to feature throughout the year. If you are interested in participating or know someone would like to participate in the project our contact information is available on the site or you may email me at 365vets at gmail dot com. 

We would also appreciate it if you would share this far and wide so that we can get the word out. We just started this project four days ago, but have already received a tremendous amount of support and interest. We have plans in the works to expand beyond the blog to a full website featuring community capabilities, profiles, forums, photos, videos, platforms to help with grassroots movements, and advocacy. We believe that this project has great potential to do a lot of good for veterans. We also have plans for a book about the project at the end of the year. 

Thank you 

Tina Shang

Project 365 Vets

Replies