Did We Overwhelm Girls Write Now?
Posted by
Well, I thought I was being helpful by not waiting until the last minute in sending in my entry on 12/14, but I haven't yet received the confirmation email other posts indicate is sent out. Are they still catching up, or have others who entered on the 14th received their confirmations, and I'm in an SOL spam folder somewhere?
Replies
  • I appreciate the follow-up, Kamy. I've given up trying to figure out the vagaries of spam filters. I don't know how emails advertising male enhancement products keep finding me but legit correspondence disappears into the ether. . . . :-D Anyway, thanks again.
  • Donald your entry was received, and R. King, we did send you a confirmation on 12/15.  Not sure why you didn't get it...and Donald, it looks as though we sent you a confirmation on 12/30.  Another one should have gone out before that but not sure why you didn't get it.  Sorry about this...

• Thanks, Maya, for the info. I have double-checked my spam folder but still no luck, so I have emailed Girls Write Now directly. No apologies necessary. I appreciate the follow-up.

• Hello- all submission confirmations were sent out upon receipt, and now resent to just to be safe. Please check your spam filters and contact emily[at]girlswritenow.org directly with further questions. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

• No, still no confirmation. I always just let these technical glitches go; my entry either got there, or it didn't. But it might be perceived as more professional if someone would alert entrants that the confirmation process broke down. If it did. Or not, as the case may be.