Alternative Publishing Route
Posted by

Hi All!

My name is Erin and I work with PUBSLUSH Press. PUBSLUSH (www.pubslush.com) uses crowdfunding to let readers choose what's published, and then acts a full service publisher to the authors chosen. Best of all, for every book sold, a book is donated to a child in need. I started this forum to start a discussion on where publishing is headed.  We all know about the rise of self-publishing and ebook technology, but what is really going on in the world of publishing?  First, let me tell you a bit about PUBSLUSH.

Here is how PUBSLUSH works:
1. Writers submit the best 10 pages and a summary of their manuscript. It’s completely free!
2. Users read, share, and support (aka preorder) their favorite submissions. They’re only charged if a book is selected for publication.
3. Once a book reaches 2,000 supporters, we publish it (ensuring only the best books get published)! PUBSLUSH provides all the services and support of a legacy publisher.
4. For every book sold, a book will be donated to a child in need.

PUBSLUSH helps authors build an audience before they are published by providing guidance, support, and a brand with a message to help them be noticed. In addition, we offer higher royalties than traditional publishers, and authors keep all their royalties because there is no agent involved.

Readers know a PUBSLUSH book supports an authors dream and gives a child a fighting chance at literacy.  They become a part of that books history through our "discovered by" name list and the noting of the giving efforts associated located in each book, and are the first to receive the first edition book prior to its release. They even receive exclusive privileges like the chance to join us on our next book drop in Kenya!

PUBSLUSH is all about giving authors a way to be published, giving readers a true choice in what they read, and giving back to the next generation of writers and readers.  Thats why for every book published we have an established giving partner with whom we donate a book for every book sold.  You can learn more about our giving efforts here: http://www.pubslush.com/thecause/.

Let the future of publishing discussion begin!

Erin