Were You in the Dark During the Recent Blackout?
Posted by

Today my blog post was:

Lessons I Learned About Darkness and Light from the Recent Blackout.

Enjoy!

www.OurStoriesGodsGlory.blogspot.com

bit.ly/qlmSD1

Replies
  •  I forgot to mention one more thing in my reply. 

That week without electricity, without water, without a flushing toilet, without heat,

that was the week that hell DID freeze over.

• Sounds challenging, but cozy too...yes? It's good to be prepared. And truly this storm was quite a shock. But those many candles I tend to SAVE (for what I do not know!) shed a beautiful glow around the house.

Thanks for reading!

• We have to use an old camp stove or grill!  Lol!  But, we do have plenty of oil lamps & firewood.  Black outs are a common winter experience here in the Blue Ridge.  Nice read Elise!  ; )

• Oh my! Yes, there are flashlights and candles too. What we didn't expect and were so thankful for was the hot water for showers (sorry!) and dishes because of a gas powered water heater and the gas burners that made cooking possible. I have to agree, sounds awful.

• The dark was no problem; there are flashlights. But you haven't lived until you've taken a sponge bath in a freezing room using a cold wash cloth that you dipped into a cup of freezing water. Add to that the lack of flushing toilets and you have the groundwork for a movie called HELL.