Getting up extra early to write!
Posted by

My writing process needed help because there was a lack of it sometimes! I recently found that by setting my alarm back one hour I could write for an hour before I went to work. I'm not a morning person so it is hard to to but once I get going I'm always glad I did. What ways do you sneak in some writing?

Colleen

Replies
  • Nancy: Your process sounds like a great idea! Wow, but getting up at 4 a.m. every morning. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what time are you going to bed at night? Are you getting plenty of sleep?  Thanks.

• Coleen, I had read someplace, if you set your alarm 15 minutes earlier every 3 days, your body adjust very naturally to the change.  I did this in writing my Memoir, Diary of a Vet's Wife, and reached a point where I was at my computer each morning at 4 a.m. with a hot cup of coffee, where I could write for 2 1/2 hrs before getting ready for work.  It worked out great!!  And now I'm an early riser naturally. :)

Nancy MacMillan @ http://blogofavetswife.blogspot.com/

• es i do the morniing pages...used to like to write in bed cosy alone penpaper late night brings a  different feel which i also like