To Monetize or Not? That is the question.
Posted by

Ladies, I need some advice.  I've only been blogging for just over a month now.  I've had some great successes, in part due to the wonderful friends I've made on this website.  But I am considering "monetizing" my website, www.MyOneWomanShow.com.  It's my baby and I would like to keep it as neat and pure as possible.  I'm not sure if my young site is ready to be littered with ads.  (You can also tell me what you think of my page's design.  I'm still trying to figure out what I like).  I need to hear from ladies on both sides of this issue before I make a decison.  And if your blog has ads, please share the link with me so I can see the tasteful way you have them displayed.  Thank you for the help.

Grasshopper Blogger

Deanna

Replies
  • The filter did work, so I'm happy now. Thanks for your opinion, because if anyone didn't like them, they were coming down.
  • My ads are up.  I put three of them on the site. I was startled by some of the ads, being too sexual in nature (only the ones regarding dating sites) so I have filtered them through adsense.  I just hope my filer takes effect soon.  We'll see how this goes, so far I'm not impressed. :-(

• Yep. Some people say it took theirs a week to show. Just keep checking. If a week goes by and nothing appears, then you might need to contact adsense. 

I love your blog, btw. Would you mind if I add it to my blog roll? I'm always interested in sites that give a woman's perspective on life.

• Okay, your ads are tasteful and barely noticeable, but obvious enough if I was interested in clicking on it.  I just activated adsense today and nothing is there! I put the banners where I want, and the space is just blank! Is this what you were talking about Shawn when you said they wouldn't show up immediately?  Thanks so much,

• Hi Deanna,

That's a good question. My blog is about the same age as yours, and I just decided to do some adsense ads through google. They haven't appeared yet, but I have it limited to two, one on the right side of my posts and one between posts. It's supposed to choose relevant content, but if I don't like them, I'll remove them. It's more important for me to get my message out there than to advertise, as my blog is my online writing portfolio. They should show in a day or two if you want to check them out. It's Women's Money Corner at Blogger.com.

Let us know what you decide.

Shawn