good nature writing publishing and reading
Posted by

I'm just wondering where you all publish your nature writing?  And maybe more importantly, what nature writing are you reading?

We can each search out all the venues, books, magazines, blogs, and online sites on our own, but I thought it might be helpful and interesting to compile a list here. Maybe say what you like about the venue too and a link if there is one. 

Also I'd love to know where to read more nature blogs, or other associations that cater to folks who write about the natural world.  I think it would be beneficial for us all to help each other out with publishers to submit to, information, and sources for the next good read!

I'll start with a great organization- ASLE- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment.  It's not a publishing venue, but it has loads of information and ways to find out more... Such a good reference.

Replies
  • My nature writing has a literary bent, so I've published in Adventum, Fourth Genre, Pilgrimage, Brevity, South Loop Review, Alaska Quarterly Review and Isotope.  One of my essays about elephants was published in Seems and chosen for Special Mention in Pushcart, 2008.  I understand Ecotone is also a good place for literary nature essays.  Great query!  Looking forward to seeing other suggestions!