Looking for writing moms to interview
Posted by

Do you have an interesting story about being a mom and writing or having a mom who was a writer?  Please read my blog and let me know.  I'd love to interview writing moms about their unique challenges.  If you are published already, especially in Young Adult, I'd be especially interested.  Thanks for checking it out!

Jessica

http://rem-jmcooper.blogspot.com/2011/08/writing-mothers.html

Replies
  • Nancy, I am so intrigued by In Her Wake. I'm going to check it out asap.

On topic, it's timely that I'd find this group and question today. Last night I was working hard on edits and neglected to make dinner for the kids (they're old enough to find their own food, but still) or spend much time with them. I told DH at bedtime how guilty I felt about it. This morning, I was back at work on edits (before leaving for the office) and both kids sat beside me--completely unprompted by DH--to say how impressed they were at how much time and effort I was putting into my book and how proud they have been to see me "go for it." Now *there* is a mother/writer moment I will remember for a long time. :)

• I would love to be interviewed. I'm published in middle grade fiction by HarperCollins, and I've just self-published a historical mystery for adults. I have two children, ages 11 and 16. The challenges have changed over the years I've been writing (15), but it's still a constant attempt at juggling.

http://deegarretson.com

• I would love to be interviewed. I wrote In Her Wake: A Child Psychiatrist Explores the Mystery of Her Mother's Suicide 

(www.inherwake.com) I wrote my memoir from the perspective of a mother, daughter and child psychiatrist searching for answers. 

Best way to reach me is [email protected] 

Sincerely,

Nancy Rappaport 

• I'd be happy to share my stories of growing up with a writer-mom, Jessica. I'm published but not in YA. I left a comment on your post.
  • For some reason, I haven't been able to leave a comment on your blog.

I'm a mother (of an eight-year old boy), a wife to a former soldier who's suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and am also dealing with my own disability (Retinitis Pigmentosa) but am still able to work full time (in the banking industry); through all this I've managed to write when I can and have published a few things so far.  Wonderful post :)

Carrie

The Essence of Me

Whispering Shadows

A Writer and Her Adolescent Muse