Bloggers Radio Show on SheWrites needs your input!
Posted by
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I will soon be hosting a regular Bloggers: Let's Make This Work radio show on SheWrites. As the host, I will collect topic ideas from the bloggers group, gather experts to speak on the topics and then set up a time and a place for a show about the topic.

To make the show a success, I need your input. What topics would you like to see covered? What are some questions you would like answered? Are there any bloggers or blog experts you'd like to see on the show? What's an ideal time for a radio show so you can listen and participate live?

Please help us make this show the most educational and useful it can be by providing input below or messaging me directly.
Replies
  • Yes, there is always the eternal question of driving traffic to a blog.  We can never get enough of that.  Right now I can't think of a specific topic, but have a lot of questions related to the technical stuff.  Only last week did I figure out how to hook my Twitter account to my blog.  I'm slow at figuring out the tech side so I don't do a lot of cool stuff I see on other blogs.
  • Hi Jessica,

The problem with evening or lunch is whose evening and whose lunch? I think lunch is out, but maybe evening would work. 9pm EST would be 6pm PST, which might actually work. Do you (or everyone else reading this) think people on the West Coast would be out of work and home in time to call in to a radio show by 6pm?

I also love the topic ideas. I'll definitely use them and let you know if I need guests. Thanks!

~Lauren

• I agree with Jessica -- this is a great idea. I'll throw some thoughts into the mix:

-- TOO MANY BLOGS/TOO LITTLE TIME: Sorting the wheat from the chaff

-- WHY BLOG?   -- Maybe an introductory/first show panel that could include some of the pioneer bloggers (i.e., before blogging became so ubiquitous).

-- IS ANYONE READING?: Tips on driving traffic to your blog (triggered by Jessica's suggestion -- 'Why won't anyone comment?'

btw, I think all of Jessica's suggestions are good, and if I come up with any others, I'll add them.

• Lauren,

What a great idea! I have a few things I would love to see covered (or cover as a guest.) But first I'd suggest that you may want to consider an evening timeslot (9pm) or a lunch timeslot (12 noon).

A few topics to consider:

Blog platforms: Does it matter which you use?

Online Influence: Do you need to have Klout as a blogger?

Social good: Is your blog making an impact?

Pitfalls: Why won't anyone comment?

Monetizing: Is Google Adwords enough? Are there other solutions?

This sounds like such an exciting endeavor. I look forward to hearing more.

Best,

Jessica Keenan Smith

Living Well With Epilepsy

@jessicaksmith

Email