What is your favorite Paranormal Creature?

I'll go first. My favorite type of paranormal creature is a...werewolf.

There is just something about the concept of a werewolf (probably the animal magnetism lol) that makes me giddy. And my werewolves change from man to beast completely. I'm not too fond of the wolf-man.

What about you? What's your favorite creature? And explain. :)

-Vi

Replies
  • My favorite paranormal character is Lestat - the vampire character created by Ann Rice.  I especially liked him as he got older and was able to levitate. He had so much charisma! He was blood thirsty, the way vampires are supposed to be.

• I am totally in love with the Centaur. They are one of the oldest creatures. I love how they harness both their human and animal strengths at the same time. Many of my recent stories have featured them.

• I would say my favorite creature is mermaid. For me, mermaids looks so feminine and fragile. I love to watch mermaid stories even when I'm still a child. :-)

• I must admit that with the prevalence of vampire and werewolf films, TV programmes and books, it's put me off them a little. I prefer the concept of demon because it can be used in so many ways. One of my WiPs has shadow demons but another has a whole host of demons in different forms all controlled by Loki.

• My favorite creature would have to be a vampire... and not just the sparkly one's. :) There's something raw, powerful, sensual, and exotic about them that makes for great stories.
  • I once upon a time would say werewolves but after becoming deeply involved in Christine Feehan's Carpathian series I'm definitely leaning toward the Carpathians (an ancient race of blood suckers.)
  • I'm a werewolf girl too, ever since Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I like the fact that their emotions are regulated by nature, and the war between the two parts of themselves. Definitely my favourite.
  • Exactly Kait! I adore them. I think Wolverine (X-Men) is my definition of the body type for most of my weres. He's quite yum. :)

• :raises hand: Guilty.  Out of my last five WIPs, three had werewolves or wolf shifters (different species in my world) as heroes.  I really love the unabashed grittiness of them.  Everything about them is strength.  Physical, emotional, their loyalty...I just love them!