What are you reading?
Posted by
She who does not read is not a good writer.  Gotta keep up with the genre.  What awesome PNR/UF books have you read lately?  Let us know why we should add it our TBR pile!
Replies
  • I'm in between books right now. Just finished re-reading Anne Rice's "Lasher," 2nd book in the Mayfair witches series. It was a pretty heavy and disturbing novel so I feel I'm in the mood for a bit of light fun, like maybe some Katie McAllister or something...

Some Dark Romantic

• I'm currently working on Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. It's a lot of fun, and mixes romance and action well. She does a nice job with her main characters, Cat and Bones.

Anyone else on Goodreads? Been my most favorite site to pick up new recommendations and read reviews. Feel free to friend me if you are - love all the recommendations that I've been seeing here!

• I'm currently reading A Tale of Two Cities which obviously isn't sci fi or fantasy but the novel I'm part reading to my 7 year old son and he's part reading to himself (under his quilt with a torch when he should be sleeping) is 'Skullduggery Pleasance'. It's a fantasy novel for children but I'm intrigued with it so far - immortal wizards, threatening strangers and a hero who is a skeleton in a suit. May have to nab it once my son has finished with it.

• Patti Larsen's YA series, The Hayle Coven series, she's an amazing author.

• Cool! Thanks Ingrid, it looks really good, looking forward to reading it! Am intrigued by the Native American aspect as I am part NA myself.
  • Finished Kim Harrison's Hollow's series, about to read L. J. Smith's Vampire Diaries Volume 3 The Return and Midnight. Plan to finish that series and read her Secret Circle books. Have Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series, and Lee Roland's Viper Moon that looks promising on my book club wishlist. :)
  • I'm alternating between Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Christine Feehan's Dark series, Amanda Quick's Arcane Society series and just finished Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. It's great to be a reader in a world full of good books!