Introduce Yourself!
Posted by

Welcome paranormal romance and urban fantasy authors!  I'm actually a newb to She Writes, and I was SHOCKED that there wasn't a group dedicated to PNR/UF.  We're the biggest genre in the business!  So I decided to start one.

So, a little about me.  My name is Kait Nolan.  I'm a PNR/UF writer from Mississippi.  I self-published my first two novellas (Forsaken By Shadow and Devil's Eye) as a means to begin building an audience for my Mirus series.  They got me noticed by Laurie McLean of Larsen Pomada who is now my agent.  Currently I'm winding up my first paranormal YA, Red, which will be going on submission shortly. 

If I had a super power, I'd want to be able to manipulate time (like with a Time Turner from Harry Potter) or teleport.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Replies
  • Hello! I am new to She Writes and new to the group. I am a teacher and I love what I do, but I also love to write fantasy and sci-fi, especially super niche-y sub-genres like steampunk and cyberpunk. My current WIP is an urban fantasy that explores Ancient Egyptian and Greek mythologies with some demon summoning mixed in for good measure. Because why not? I noticed that there hasn't been a lot of activity on here since last April. Is anyone out there?
  • Hello,

Hello, I'm Lana. Brand new to She Writes, and fairly new to writing. I've been an artist/designer most of my life because people told me I was good at it. My dirty secret passion of writing fantasy and sci-fi just couldn't wait any longer, and I bit the bullet and started to write. My first novel will be self-published. I figure I can do all of my own design and marketing so why the hell not? It's currently getting edited, and as I'm so new to this - She Writes is an opportunity for me to network and make like minded friends.

Ask me about any graphic or web design and marketing queries, I'm happy to help. I blog about it at http://www.authorzoo.com.au

If I had a super power - it would be this: If I could squint at a distant object between my two fingers, I could squash it, or pick it up from where I stood. Thats a bit random, but that's how I roll. 

• Hi! I'm Glo, I write supernatural paranormal, fantasy genre stories, and I haven't tried to get published until now. I'm currently working on a s/p adventure romance series called The Lily Singer Files, about a female demon hunter who clashes with a pseudo-military monster hunting organisation, becoming caught up in a battle between darkness and light in the process.  I want to self-publish this year (finally making myself dare to go for it!). I really love supernatural/paranormal/horror/fantasy stuff in general, big fan of shows like Buffy, Supernatural, Paranormal Witness etc. Very happy to find this community, I have a lack of writer friends to talk shop with! 

• Hi Everyone. I'm new to the group and to SW. Thank you for letting me be part of this. My first novel Bloodmark, in the Bloodmark saga came out November 1, 2013. I am currently writing the second book in the series, Bloodrealms, which will be published Fall 2014. The Bloodmark Saga is a paranormal romance that combines Celtic Mythology, Werewolves, Teen angst and love with a strong heroine. I'm excited to be here surrounded by such brilliant women. 

• Hello All - my name is Elisabeth.  Thank you for letting me in the group.  I like the supernatural, the paranormal and the bizarre.  My novel has a clairvoyant character and a curse that has plagued the family.  They break the curse by leaping into the spiritual world.  The sequel which I am working on now will involve another character who changes into a wolf and chooses the dark side of the spirit world.  It all sounds out there, but I tend to write with a lot of reality, so the situations could be true....  I see many here like only fantasy (which I also like to read) but in my stories I also like to bring in our world, our history, so we can get closer and feel for the people in the story. I plan to look around and hopefully add to discussions. 

Happy Halloween!

• Hi Everyone,

I have two published YA fantasy novels and am working on the third in the Cornwall Adventures series. Laurel's Miracle is the first and deals with a young girl coming to terms with her mother's illness. She has the help of many mythical creatures to help her, it introduces the idea of earth energies and ley lines to the reader without sounding like a textbook. A Step Sideways picks up the story of one of the secondary characters from Laurel's Miracle and follows him on his journey to recover from abuse and become a strong young man.

I live in western Canada with horses, dogs, cats, a token cow and some chickens. I'm a mom, a grandma and an author :~)

Nancy   

• Hi,

I have always been a fan of the paranormal. My favorite authors growing up were R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike. They inspired me to write, and thanks to my 7th grade English teacher, I've continued with my passion. 

I'm currently working on a new adult, paranormal novel, Inheritance.

After being attacked in an alley and rescued by an uncle she didn’t know existed, twenty-year-old Amy finds out why her father was never around. In the public eye, her father had spent his life making advancements in immunology, but his advancements were based on research into the secrets of vampirism. Secrets only her blood may be able to unlock.

I'm in the rewriting stage and working with a beta reader. I'm still trying to put together a good group of crit partners as I move forward. 

I also have a couple of other projects in progress including, Wilde Guardian, written during JuNoWriMo:

Chloe has been living near the forest for most of her life and thinks she knows every creature and path for miles around, but she’ll quickly discover there’s more to learn about the creatures who lay claim to the woods surrounding her house.

The idea for this work came from a dream, after which I began to wonder what if a person’s spirit could leave the body and become an animal.

• Hi,

I'm a noob writer from the Caribbean. I will be releasing my first novella later this month (fingers crossed) independently. It will be part of an ongoing paranormal series.

• I am working on a PNR novel, possibly YA or adult; the muse hasn't decided yet. My favorite paranormal creature would be a tie between ghosts and vampires. If I could have a supernatural power it would have to be the power to control the elements.