What is your favorite sport? Do you watch or play?
I'm a hockey person! I play and watch. Love team sports. Played soccer in high school.
Replies
  • Hello Everyone! I am new to She Writes and am excited to find a group of sports writers here. My favourite sport is Formula 1 racing. I have been a huge fan of the Ferrari team since I was a little girl and my passion has taken me all over the world and changed my life. Earlier this year I moved to Italy because it has always been a fantasy of mine to live near the Ferrari factory in Maranello. I currently write travel articles on a freelance basis but my blog is primarily about my love for Ferrari and my crazy adventures. I used to watch the UFC (Mixed Martial Arts) and my articles on different fighters and events have been featured both online and in newspapers. In terms of participation, I grew up as a competitive swimmer and triathlete!

Sarcasm Goddess- I actually lived in Florida for three years when I was a teenager and I have to say that my high school's cheerleaders were definitely athletes! What part of Florida are you from? I was in Miami!

Kristina- I share your enthusiasm for hockey. I'm a Canadian and so I basically grew up with a stick in my hand! When I was younger I worshipped Patrick Roy, part of me was in love with him and part of me wanted to be him! LOL! I am a Habs fan of course, having grown up in Montreal! What about yourself?

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Danielle

PS- Just in case you are wondering, my blog can be found at the following link: http://lovelifeandferrari.blogspot.com/

• Just joined this group!  My goal is to write a hockey momoir of my days parenting and shuttling 3 minor league goalies!! Since they're all still playin', I'm still writin'!  Latest ... I bring you the weather forecast http://wp.me/ppYA8-ch 
  • Hi Kristina!

My blog is For the Love of Writing: http://4theluvofwriting.blogspot.com

I've never been to a hockey game, but I'm going to try to make it to a Panthers game one day, they're not too far from me...and I do enjoy the physical-ness of the sport... checking(is that what it's called???) other players into the wall.

• Welcome to the group, Sarcasm Goddess! Where's your blog? I'll check it out. By the way, I have some friends in Florida who are Panthers fans. They are a hardy bunch.

~Kristina

P.S. Following the puck is a learned skill I think, but it helps to watch what the players do. You can usually tell where it is by what they do. But it is hard, especially while you're playing. The game winning goal in last night's play-off game is a case in point. Everyone lost the puck except the shooter.

• Favorite sport is definitely football! Hands down, no question about it. I live in Florida so don't know much about hockey. I've tried watching it a few times and have the hardest time following the puck! I recently wrote a "sports" post on my blog: Which Sport Has the Tougher Players: Football or Cheerleaders. (my blog is one of humor and sarcasm.) I know, I know, you're probably saying, cheerleading isn't a sport!