"Goal Buddies"
Posted by
I saw this idea with another group and I like it so much I wonder if anyone here would be interested.  I would like to see if anyone's interested in being a "goal buddy" to help keep me accountable as I work to revise my novel.  This will work both ways and I will make sure I keep you accountable with yours :)
Replies
  • Actually, does anyone here want to PMs for motivation and goal setting?  I'm in search of a goal/writing buddy and there seems to be at least a couple ladies here looking for the same?
  • Yes! Distractions, too, is also a huge obstacle. Although, if I try to get in at least half an hour before bed - that at least got me that much done in one day as oppose to none at all. I find that having a routine helps, too. Although, sticking to the routine is also another factor, haha. How does one find a good and goal partner?

• I can understand that completely!   A lot of my problem is that I have so many distractions I have a difficult time focusing on making time for my writing.  When I don't write, I get frustrated at myself.  It's a constant cycle that I find myself in even though I know better.

• This is a fantastic idea - motivation is my main struggle. Sometimes having that added pressure of reporting to someone else that you've made progress makes all the difference. Sometimes you need someone to tell you, "Chop, chop. C'mon, stop messing around and get it done."

• Hello again Goal Buddies, 

I would appreciate some help! I would like to know if any of you have used the writing software Scriviner and if so what was your opinion?