Awareness
Posted by
Once my thoughts turned to actively considering all the turning points I have encountered in my life I found them to be cumulative. One always seemed to lead to another. What have you discovered about turning points in your life?
Replies
  • I am so pleased when I learn of another person who is increasing in awareness of the small events that can be life altering. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my own observations.

Turning Points collaborators are looking for uplifting stories. Sounds like you have one or two to share. Please take the time to investigate.

• I totally agree that these things are cumulative. I'm in the middle of what I think is a major turning point and suddenly all the things I've done - and stopped doing - in the past are starting to come together into something that might possibly just define my life.

I consider it important to pay attention to signs - little things that lead me down a path I'm not looking for or didn't expect. I've had a lot of them lately and it's all starting to make sense.

• I read God on a Harley a long time ago. Just recently ready it for the second time. It nudged me to what will hopefully be another turning point, one I actively sought out for myself. Love your three tips. Will look forward to being able to report on the changes taking place as a result of awareness gained over my most recent past.
  • That's a great question, Lois. There are a few things that I've learned:

1. Live in the moment - be present at all times
    2. Keep things in perspective - look at the big picture
    3. Patience - awareness can come in an instant, change takes time

A great turning-point book is God on a Harley by Joan Brady. It's an enjoyable, quick read with an excellent message. It's the book I read when I need to "nudge my nudge".

• I've found that turning points can sometimes turn me upside down and other times give me just a little nudge to change something in my life. The ones that turn me upside down are easy to recognize, it's those little nudges I've learned to pay more attention to.