VWCG Mixer: Post Your Introduction Here!
Posted by

Since we're all so shiny and new, I thought I'd kick off the thread.

My name is Jayme and I write a mixture of erotica and environmental stories. I've had one story published (through Ellorah's Cave) and hope to have more follow soon.

I'm a wife & mother to three (15/girl, 13/boy, 9/boy). We have a dog and a cat (who plot regularly to overthrow the establishment) and live down in South Florida.

So...that's me. How about you?

Replies
  • Howdy, y'all! I'm Kathleen from Texas, and I'm another one of those pesky career journalists who wants to be a fiction author. I'm thinking there's some sort of undiagnosed plague or mass hysteria at work here....

My other half and I live on Galveston Island, often referred to as "a cemetery with a beach attached." Ever since The Great Storm of 1900, the island, rather quietly, has enjoyed its status as one of the most haunted places in America. As a community, we're devoted to historical preservation, so when I have time, I lend a hand as a tour guide at some of Galveston's "museum houses." Given the opportunity, I love to get lost in history.

Otherwise, I serve as full-time staff to two opinionated dinky dogs and write historical romance and contemporary romantic suspense, both set in the American West. (Rewriting a completed manuscript in each genre is making me thoroughly crazy right now.) I read and critique widely across just about every genre, though, and have judged a number of RWA contests -- and won a couple -- this year. I look forward to working with y'all!  :-)

• Hi Linny,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, dialogue. Sigh indeed. That's my biggest challenge, too. I find if I write in silence, I am able to "hear" the characters better. Of course, if the creative juices aren't flowing, it's mind-numbingly dull to sit there in silence.