VWCG Mixer: Post Your Introduction Here!
Posted by

Since we're all so shiny and new, I thought I'd kick off the thread.

My name is Jayme and I write a mixture of erotica and environmental stories. I've had one story published (through Ellorah's Cave) and hope to have more follow soon.

I'm a wife & mother to three (15/girl, 13/boy, 9/boy). We have a dog and a cat (who plot regularly to overthrow the establishment) and live down in South Florida.

So...that's me. How about you?

Replies
  • Hi, I'm Samantha. I write Flash Fiction. 

I'm married with a daughter, and I earn a living from teaching. I live in London.

My favourite writers are Delphine Lecompte, xTx, kristen Iskandrian, and my favourite classic writer is Leonora Carrington.

Obviously there is more to my life than that, but this will do for now.

• Hi Caryl :) Welcome. I have THREE middle names so you fit right in. I live in Canada too..Ontario. I am sure there are people here who are writing memoirs that will be able to help you. See you around...
  • I'm Intimidated. Middle name Self Doubt. That's right, TWO middle names. I have no last name because I haven't earned one.

Alrighty then, you can see where my head is at. I've written a lot and have been published in newspapers (I had a column for seven years) and a local magazine but this year I decided to tackle writing a memoir. It's not going well. I've come to SheWrites for guidance. There are so many published authors here I'm even more convinced that I suck.

Perhaps this wasn't the best day to write my introduction? ha! I'll switch to some basic facts:

I was born & raised on Long Island, NY and recieved a degree in English from SUNY at Geneseo where I met my husband. My two boys are grown (20 and 22) and my husband works for an oil company which requires frequent moves. Presently we live in Calgary, Canada, which is incredibly beautiful. 

At this point in my life, I have few responsibilities and can concentrate on my own passions. I'm ready to get to work........