Organization tips - helppppp!
Posted by

I have a lot of writing assignments right now. I'm writing for employers on ODesk and doing articles on Bright Hub. I'm also working on articles for magazines, and working on a novel. I need help! I feel like I'm drowning in work (which is a good thing and a bad thing, if you know what I mean). There just aren't enough hours in the day.

So, how do you get organized? Is there a chart or table somewhere I can use?!

Thanks bunches,

Sandhya

Replies
  • Above my computers, I have a few large white marker boards. The first is a list of projects that I need to start, the second are jobs I'm working on and any special notes, and the the third are projects done that I've double checked  and submitted but stay on the board until I hear from my client. On the first board I also write the deadlines in each color to prioritize (red has the closest deadline date, blue marker in two weeks, green in three week, etc). And Yay you for having so much work :). That's fantastic.
  • Sandhya, What a wonderful problem to have! When I have abundance like that, I prioriotize by what pays the most, what pays the fastest, what I can get done the quickest. I like to get the little/fast projects done and out of the way and find that they can be done during breaks I take while working on larger/longer projects. I usually find myself giving priority to the project that will pay me the best and the quickest. I use different colored index cards and put the due date, pay, and a few project details on the card. Then I'm able to sort and rearrange the projects until I find the combination that feels right to me. Maybe something here will help. :) -Lisa