How's it going for everyone?
How's it going , writing-wise, for everyone? I have had such a hectic autumn that I haven't been able to keep any of my writing goals, which is frustrating. In April, I am going on a writer's retreat in Italy to recharge my writing batteries. I am also trying to fix my work situation so that I will be able to have a little more writing time. I need it.
Replies
  • The retreat was fantastic! I am definitely going again next year. It was a brainstorming retreat that was arranged by Liz Jennings, a published author and the organizer of the Women's Fiction Festival, and agent Christine Witthohn. We had several intense days of brainstorming and helping one another with working out plot kinks. I returned home with a renewed love for writing + ready to finish revising a first draft I finished back in March. 

In September, I will be attending the Women's Fiction Festival for the second time. If you are interested, here's the link: http://www.womensfictionfestival.com/en. It's a great place to network + feel inspired.

• Zetta, I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. It seems like everyone I've spoken with has had an insane autumn/winter.

Let's just hope that 2011 will push us to meeting our writing goals. :)

• Not well, actually. I was all geared up for NaNoWriMo when my grandfather took a turn for the worse so my husband and I made it out to see him for one final visit. We barely made it. Ever since I've been catching up. I'd hope to use NaNo to complete a draft of my next novel but it looks like that will have to go on hold (again) until Spring at the earliest because that's when I see myself taking time out for it :(