National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
Posted by
Who's doing NaNoWriMo? Let's see a show of hands. I for one had already begun the novel I will be writing during NaNoWriMo which starts next month, November. Yes, that's right (write). I don't have the stamina to write 1600 words a day, which is what it takes to reach 50,000 words in a month, so I started a month early. 800 words a day works perfectly--is fun. Yes, ladies, NaNoWriMo is nearly upon us. In less than 3 weeks begins the month long writing frenzy that grips and binds writers and authors around the globe and even those of us here at SheWrites. Let's see a show of hands, or rather a show of comments telling whether you plan to participate. If so, what are you writing--memoir, novel, screenplay, non-fiction? If not, what would you like to write--memoir, novel, screenplay, non-fiction--and how can we help. I hope you all are having a wonder and blessed day and that you got a little writing in. Peace and blessings. anjuelle www.anjuellefloyd.com Imagination is the key to freedom. The author's job is to cultivate and nurture her or his imagination and that of others. www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/keeper-of-secrets/ www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/the-house/

Replies
  • On Day 8, I only managed about 400 words due to my children being off school ill. By the time I got them to bed, I was ready for slumber myself. My muse had gone home for the night too. Still I finished the chapter. Must do better tonight.
  • This will be my fourth year. I've written 4221 words in the first two days in between work, children and housework. Really enjoying it at the moment. Just hope I can keep the momentum going.
  • Greetings, all! I've just recently joined SW and this is my second time doing NaNoWriMo. I didn't finish last year; I only completed 19,000 words due to a heavy schedule. But I really enjoyed the experience, and look forward to having a higher word count this year. Last year I worked on a fantasy novel which ended up in my slush pile, at least for now. This year I will be working on a novel I've been outlining for quite a while, a suspense novel entitled Summer Stock. My NNWM name is patricia felmy if anyone wants to friend me. I'll be eagerly friending all of you so I can follow your progress. Patty
  • I have also gotten a bit of a head start, Anjuelle. I am working on the novel I started just this month for an independent study course I am doing with my writing professor. Participating in NaNo is part of the syllabus, but I had to get started on my outline and some of my story now because I am writing for credit as well. I will still try to write 50,000 words in November to fulfill the NaNo requirements regardless of how many words I manage to write before November 1st, though.
  • This will be my fifth NaNoWriMo this year. I really look forward to it all year long! I'm Mercedes_ on the NaNo site if anybody wants to buddy up! We can be a great support to each other! :D