Catch Me on Oprah Tomorrow!
Posted by
For about a millisecond! Hi all! Wednesday 6 October 2010, artist and survivor Kim Noble will be featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show as part of tribute to late author and memoirist Truddi Chase. On the show, I am included in a photo montage of survivors who were moved by Truddi's life and book. Truddi was an inspiration for adult survivors of childhood sexual assault, particularly those who have many personalities. She was interviewed by Oprah about her experience and book, "When Rabbit Howls" the first season of The Oprah Winfrey Show, when I was 15 years old. That show was instrumental in determining my perspective as a survivor, and gave lasting inspiration to write my memoir, Gift of the Dreamtime: Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma. Kim's art can be seen at her website, though know that some of it is graphic. ~Kelley ~ Soul Intent Arts ~ Intentional Insights
Replies
  • I love it.  You really bare yourself without being sentimental, and I think that's challenging to do when you know you're writing about something that will tug heartstrings.  What you say about the body finding its own way through is so true.  I think it's true for every level of us.  Our culture tries to make us deal with all of our layers through one vehicle--a medication, a therapeutic approach, a spiritual approach...  It takes the whole party.  I'm glad your essay is getting recognition.  It deserves it.

I'm very glad to have met you!

• Well congrats Kelley! Sorry I missed it!  I ordered your memoir, I'm extremely interested in the things you are up to as a fellow survivor.  I was wondering if you'd read my essay that's getting published in The Abaton later this year, its a personal essay on PTSD, sexual abuse, faith and survival.  Here: What It Takes