Shameless Self Promotion!
Posted by
So, you've started writing the next NY Times Bestseller or are almost finished with it. What have you done to get the word out...to create a little buzz that might position you better, to an agent or publisher?
Replies
  • Keri and miz sharon, I have six published books out -- one novel and am working on the sequel. Thought I'd pass on a tip or two to encourage you to keep on writing and when it comes time for the title and publication, you'll know exactly what to do. You don't get too much mileage out of small local groups but some you listed are good -- launch parties with friends (and not-friends, too), focus groups, local conferences -- BUT, if your books (and I don't know the theme of either one of yours) are really different and "earth shaking" and has not been written about before, a dynamite Press Release to tv stations, newspapers, bookstores, etc. can work wonders. Above all, keep writing! Joyce
  • Hello! I am also working on my very first novel, so I'm right there with you! I think, as a business person that came up the ranks of sales and marketing, the business of writing seems to come to mind for me...a comfortable part of writing a book, I guess. So, as I brainstorm ways to generate buzz, I've been trying to jot them down, so that I have options, whenever I get to that point!
  • I'm still working on my first full-length novel, so I haven't gotten that far -- but the launch party with friends over tea and coffee sounds good.
  • I keep a list of places I could target for support: my Facebook page my series' Facebook page various on-line communities I'm a member of local restaurants local conferences focus/test groups launch parties with friends my son's daycare center community newspapers my blog