Military Women Writer's Workshop
Posted by
Hi group, As some of you know, I facilitate creative writing workshops online. I'd love to have your thoughts on an idea I've had to start an online workshop (in prose) just for military women. A safe and supportive and rigorous place to work on any material, related to military service or not. Do you think there would be enough interest out there to attract 6 to 9 women for a twelve-week workshop that "meets" every other week? The cost would be $250, and would include a few video conference calls. Here's more information on the workshops I've been conducting: http://www.shannoncain.com/Shannon_Cain/2010_Master_Class_Workshops.html Anyway, I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this idea. Do you think such a workshop might garner interest from those in active duty? All best
Replies
  • I'm late to this, but I do believe there would be interest.  You may want to contact your nearest VA hospital.  They have social workers there that work with female soldiers and veterans.  They may have funding to subsidize what you are doing.  Good luck!

• Essay & memoir, yes...good idea. Finding participants is exactly the challenge. I'll keep at it and let you know! Shannon
  • I think it might work -- the question would be how you find them! I'd do one for vets working on essays or memoirs...