Let's Link Our Blogs...
Posted by
I invite all the members of Why Do You Write & What Is Your Process? to link the website & blogs that we maintain separate from SheWrites with those of other members of this group. Linking websites and weblogs is a great way to create back links. And back links are incredibly important when it comes to using your/our websites & blogs to get the word out about--publicize, promote and market--our work. Here's the name and url of my blog. anjuellefloyd.com www.anjuellefloyd.com Post the name and url of your blog and I'll add it to the link(s) section of my blog/website. Again, thanks so much. anjuelle Imagination is the key to freedom. The author's job is to cultivate and nurture her or his imagination and that of others. www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/keeper-of-secrets/ www.anjuellefloyd.com/books/the-house/

Replies
  • Hi, Whitney --

The 'gadget' I use is called 'blog list', which I didn't see on your blog. So --sign in, go to the 'DESIGN' tab, specifically 'add and arrange elements.' If you click on 'ADD GADGET,' you'll find a gadget called 'blog list' (it doesn't seem to come up in a search, but if you click on 'basics,' and scroll down, you'll see it. Once you add this gadget, you can add the names and hyperlinks of blogs. This might seem basic, but don't forget to 'save' your changes.
    And given the nature of your blog, you might appreciate an essay I wrote for another writer's blog --
    Words into Images/Images into Words Hope this is helpful -- Deborah The Things She Thinks About . . .
  • I can't seem to get blogger.com to add any of these urls or links to my blogroll (which I did figure out is a gadget) - it won't even add the gadget! Very frustrating.
  • Hello Anjuelle - I am just now ordering Clive's book (life has been too busy) and I look forward to reading it. I wish we had such classes here - I am involved in an on-going critique class, much like you mention above, where the writer reads his/her own work aloud. Amazing how our brain tends to automatically insert words when reading aloud. Makes for a good editing process. Thank you! And I will get around to editing that essay on writing from dreams soon, I promise!