The Momoir Project Writing Course Scholarship
Posted by
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to SheWrites but a fellow mama-writer loving the chance to meet you on here. Last year I took this amazing course to learn to craft my writing into motherhood pieces, called The Momoir Project, with journalist and author Cori Howard (who wrote Between Interruptions: Thirty Women Tell the Truth about Motherhood). She is offering a scholarship and taking registrations for her Fall online course, so I thought I'd pass along: For those of you who have always wanted to learn to write your stories of motherhood, but can’t afford the Momoir classes, here’s your chance. The Momoir Project is offering its first-ever scholarship to two deserving moms. The first scholarship is open to any moms who want to join the fall online session of Writing for Moms. The second scholarship is open to Vancouver-area moms who want to join the fall session of Writing for Moms. These classes begin Thursday, September 16th and run every other Thursday evening for six sessions. The classes run for 6 sessions, spread over 12 weeks and will introduce you to the basics of writing a good memoir. Through readings, in-class writing assignments and sharing your stories with other moms, you will connect with other moms, get inspired and learn a lot about yourself. You must legitimately not be able to afford the classes, and be able to articulate why. You do not qualify if you have already paid for the classes, or if you’ve been a student before. Winners will be chosen based on need and the quality of the writing in your essay. Entry requirements: NOTE: Edited on August 12 due to some confusion previous requirements caused. All you need to do is write a personal essay explaining why you want to write and why you can’t afford the classes. Post your essay on The Momoir Project Blog post here: http://www.themomoirproject.com/?p=1247 or email the essay to [email protected] and leave a comment on the above blog to indicate your entry. Deadline is: August 30. Winners will be announced on September 5, by email. Only those who win will be contacted. Please remember to note that you are applying for the online scholarship. Good luck!
Replies
  • Heard back from Cori. She said that if you're feeling your reasons are too private for the blog comment, e-mail her through it to submit, but then also post a message on the blog as well. Good luck!
  • Is anyone else having misgivings about posting personal reasons "why you can't afford the class" as a comment? Maybe I'm too private in this electronic age? I e-mailed Cori about it and will let you know what she says.
  • Thank you so much for sharing this information! Is there a website with more information about the course and the instructor?