Tips on designing a blog site
Posted by
To all you experienced bloggers out there.... I would like some advice. I started blogging January using google blog and I am happy with it but it looks so plain. I would like to spruce it up a little. I just have no idea how to do it! Are there good sites to visit that explain how to do it? Or would any of you be willing to connect with me by email to help me? Thanks!!! Kathy
Replies
  • yeah, blogger recently came out with a template designer, which i absolutely love. i updated the look of my blog as soon as i saw the template designer. i'm not sure if it's fully functional yet, or if it's just available through blogger-in-draft. i have my dashboard set to automatically sign into blogger-in-draft because you get to try out all the new updates and gadgets sooner. i know how to do bold, italics, embed a link, and that's about it when it comes to html, so if there isn't a pre-made template or an easy template designer, then i'm lost! :-) i'm pretty happy with blogger, though. the new designs are stellar.
  • The templates for blogger are once you sign in on the top right it says customize and then pick templates..it's great because it changes automatically with all your content in tack. Once you choose one don't forget to save it! Hope this helps..
  • Hey, Kathy. I'll try to help as much as I can. Why don't you leave your blog address so I can take a look and your email. Maybe together we can spruce up the site. Take care.
  • Kathy, I don't know anything about Google blogs. If you wanted, you could switch to Blogger or Wordpress. Both free. I first started out with Wordpress but switched to Blogger, which is very user-friendly. There are tons of templates for both of these and many that are listed on sites other than Blogger and Wordpress. Don't know if this helps or not.