Hope to see you at new SheWrites webinar --March 3: "Building Your Writing Business"
Posted by
Hi fellow bloggers — I wanted to tell you about my webinar coming up on March 3, called “Building Your Writing Business.” It is self standing, but also a follow up to my webinar “Becoming a Writing Coach/Consultant” that I did last October. This one focuses on the challenge of communicating your value so you can get the prices you want for your services. Both of these are for all you accomplished writers with robust careers who now want to navigate these uncertain times by branching out and developing additional income streams. My specialty is helping accomplished people redirect their talents, their creativity and develop their entrepreneurial spirit. I’m now a leadership coach/consultant/writer, having gone through my own reinvention from my earlier incarnation as an academic! You can find out more about me and the workshop by clicking on the link on the home page (left side) and sign up there too. See you there! Shari Building Your Writing Business DATE: March 3, 1-2pm ET FORMAT: Live webinar, with download available after the event INSTRUCTOR: Shari Cohen Are you effectively communicating the value of your services and linking them to the prices you think you're worth? Do you have to invent your "pitch" every time? Are you confident of what it is? Does it come across in your conversations and in your written and online materials? The second in a series on recession-proofing your career as a writer, this webinar will show you how to hone a good positioning statement about who you are, the value you bring, and specifically what you offer. A strong pitch, the first tool to build your business as a writing coach/consultant, is crucial in networking and platform building. Take-aways from this interactive webinar include: •Learn how to articulate clearly what you offer and the value you bring to the table. •Jump start the process of creating or upgrading your materials: how you answer the question "tell me about yourself," in one-pagers about your services, and on your website. •Lay the groundwork for linking the value you believe you have to the prices clients will pay.