Sharnanigans Website
Posted by
Hi Gals, This is quite a self-indulgent request but I would be immensely grateful for your feedback. On a whim, I have decided that I would like to build a website -(with the help of a fabo web designer) It will be called Sharnanigans - and I will be moving over there with my chronicles.... I want to use the website as an online resume aswell as a blog , to promote my writing services (and future book) - I am in the design stages now and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of particular features/design on website/blogs that appeal? - Do you think a photo of the day (Dooce/ PW style) would be a good idea? Any other suggestions knowing my style or if you don't please have a look at my blog :-) , that you think might work on a fandangle new website? I am thinking of launching it in Sydney - and going all out - using some contacts from the Syd Morning Herald to get it some attention. I know , I know I dream big - but I have ambition!!! Yep, so if you have any suggestions of what is nice design wise/ feature wise/ or what would be entertaining as a reader-wise. I will wise up to your suggestions appreciate it
Replies
  • Sharon Egan said:
    Hi Sharni
    I think a photo of the day is very appealing for many readers.Some blogs get clogged with text and can be very visually intimidating. If you have something that is appropriate for the post it can lift the whole post I think. As for getting attention, do what you have to do and be confident about it. Use those contacts. There are lots of places you can list your website - here for example, or BlogCatalog. Let your regular visitors to the blog know you are launching a new website, with any luck some might promote you on their own blog. Clickability is the key to success on the internet.

Good luck and sorry my response is late

Sharon
  • Hi Sharni I think a photo of the day is very appealing for many readers.Some blogs get clogged with text and can be very visually intimidating. If you have something that is appropriate for the post it can lift the whole post I think. As for getting attention, do what you have to do and be confident about it. Use those contacts. There are lots of places you can list your website - here for example, or BlogCatalog. Let your regular visitors to the blog know you are launching a new website, with any luck some might promote you on their own blog. Clickability is the key to success on the internet. Good luck and sorry my response is late Sharon
  • Oh good luck with the website Sharini!! It sounds exciting. I think photos are really important in blogs. Photos can really enhance the feel of posts. Video commentary is a bit harder and something I am still grappling with. I love showing videos in my blog but I think I need to change my writing style when I show it. Anyway, I know haven't really helped much but just wanted to wish you all the best!