Group coaching workshop for writers in transition starting in November!
Posted by
Many writers are asking the questions: how can I continue to do the work I love in a new environment, one in which so many of the rules have changed? How might I need to reinvent myself to do this? How might I develop new income streams? Due to the interest that came out of the “Becoming a Writing Coach/Consultant” webinar She Writes is launching a group coaching workshop for writers in transition who are looking to navigate the future in these uncertain times. We will be doing this first group by phone; later ones may meet in person in Manhattan. We hope to get started this month – as soon as the week of November 16 if we move quickly. Once we get a sense of who is interested Sarah Saffian of She Writes will work with you to schedule the sessions. Please contact me with any questions or to indicate interest: [email protected] The group coaching workshop will help those who want a sustained and personalized process for exploring new options. The group will be capped at six and so will be quite intimate. And, we need six to make it happen – so if you know people who would be interested, please spread the word. They will meet six times over about three months. This is an economical way to get coaching and has the advantage of working with a supportive group of peers. (The equivalent individual coaching would be significantly more expensive). Each session will be 90 minutes. The sessions will integrate coaching and practical skills and will be balanced between issues that participants bring, and themes the coach introduces. Each participant will also have a 30 minute one-on-one coaching session to be used during the workshop and up to two weeks after the workshop ends. The workshop includes lots of exercises and materials, and one round of feedback on resumes, bios or other written materials. Here’s what you’ll get from participating: • A structured and powerful process that will help you discover what you love to do, what your unique strengths are and how these can be translated into services that clients will buy • Nail your communications about your value and services • Tap into and expand your networks • Support and learning based on others’ experience and ideas • Create an action plan • Tons of exercises and resources to help you maximize your thinking and creativity • Help with managing the inevitable ups and downs of transition • Reframing your thinking and unleashing your entrepreneurial spirit Fee: $495 Shari Cohen, Ph.D., a senior consultant with Next Step Partners (www.nextsteppartners.com) and President of Intersections Resources (www.intersectionsresources.net) is an executive coach and organizational consultant based in New York, focusing on leadership development. Shari stimulates her clients to access their potential, build their confidence and expand their creativity -- whether to build their leadership skills or to develop new career strategies. Shari has worked with leaders in media, health, finance, law, philanthropy, market research, technology and publishing, and at organizations such as Doctors without Borders, the World Bank, the Carnegie Corporation, Safe Horizon, Rider University, and Bain. Previous professional experience includes building a leadership program for policy thinkers at Demos, and at the Center for Learning and Leadership (CLAL) creating and delivering leadership development seminars for business, government, academic, religious and community leaders. Before that, she was an assistant professor of political science at Wellesley College. Shari is also a writer, and recently started a blog – Unstuck Future (www.unstuckfuture.blogspot.com). Her first book, Politics Without a Past (Duke University Press, 1999) is about leadership and civil society in post-communist political transitions. She has also written on long term thinking, social problem solving, and public scholarship for publications such as the Boston Globe and the Forward. Shari holds a Ph.D in political sociology from the University of California, Berkeley and a B.A. from Cornell University. She received professional certification in executive and organizational coaching from NYU.